best chart??

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

best chart??

Postby sweetleaf on Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:54 pm

i've seen quite a few reflexology charts, and i'm sure i havent even skimmed the surface. but there seem to be tiny differences in the few i've seen.... what is the most used chart? i've been doing a bit of reflexology in my practice and wanted to know what would be the best chart to go by. i have ce in reflexology, but want to learn more
sweetleaf
Fresh Hands

Postby Dragonflies on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:51 am

Hi sweetleaf - there's no perfect answer to your question here regarding charts. Personally I identify well with at least four or five chart systems and even then may find the reflexes are a bit off. If you keep in mind the 10 zones (zone theory) and know anatomy well (sounds like you're an MT so you probably do), it isn't hard to feel or see the reflexes. Just remember that the maps are an exact mirror of the body and go from there.

If you're looking to explore more into this modality you might consider the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts (SWIHA), since I see you're in Arizona. I've heard some great things about their full-length and CEU courses.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby aroma4u on Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:23 am

There are so many chart and books that every time I pick one I find some thing new in them . Do you know which is the best one ?
aroma4u
Fresh Hands

Postby ccMarie on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:45 am

i am not certified in reflexology. i have received some great reflexology, i have done some workshops, and it is something i am interested in pursuing. after i took the workshop, i found like you, that there are some slight differences in the charts. for example, one chart had the entire big toe designated as the brain area, while others only had sinus areas on the tops of the toes. the teacher gave us one good map, but it was kind of dark from being xeroxed so many times. i just decided to make my own. i looked at a couple of different charts and made sure to just include everything. also, i drew suns for solar plexus and of course a heart for the heart, eyes and ears for the eyes and ears, even lungs and little kidneys. it is really great, but i guess i'm just proud since i did it myself. i just scanned it into the computer in black and white, and when i print it up, then i color code the different areas.
ccMarie
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:51 am

One of the big reasons why charts are different is copyrights. Now, if we could all agree that the human body is laid out the same way (minus genetic defects), eventually we'd all agree on a chart. :D
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby UCR on Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:16 pm

Reflexology charts are another great topic. Way back at the International Council of Reflexologists 1995 world conference, then president Sandi Rogers of Australia spoke so passionately on her attempts to standardize all Reflexology charts by requesting owners to remove "copyright". Despite her best efforts this didn't happen.

If you're interested, please check out this article "Why are Reflexology Charts Different?", please click here http://www.universalreflex.com/article. ... 0516353565

Regards,
Jack Marriott
www.universalreflex.com
UCR
Fresh Hands

Re: best chart??

Postby pueppi on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Dragonflies provided links to these interactive charts a while back. Although I don't know enough to know what kind of charts they are (good, bad, indifferent) since I am not a reflexologist (yet), I sure like the way you can look at different places in a color code. :)

Dragonflies wrote:Start with stomach for sure, probably give the entire digestive system a go if you have the time. Is it related to nerves possibly? Then maybe add solar plexus and adrenal gland reflexes to the mix. Pituitary reflex is always a good one in cases of pain.

Here is an interactive hand chart and an interactive foot chart that should make reflex location a bit easier for self-help. I don't agree with all of the point locations but they seem to have stomach and pituitary about right. Good luck!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

A while back I ran across a foot chart that was superimposed over a full body. I can't find it, and I don't know if someone from here linked to it. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:55 pm

pueppi wrote:A while back I ran across a foot chart that was superimposed over a full body. I can't find it, and I don't know if someone from here linked to it. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. :)

Located both I was looking for:

Image Image
Last edited by pueppi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:58 pm

While we're at it, I thought I'd add in some interested charts as I find them. Maybe one is helpful for someone.

The Zones:

Last edited by pueppi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:59 pm

pueppi
Registered Member

Transverse Zones

Postby pueppi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Transverse Zones:

Image Image
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby bschrag on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 am

I read the article posted about Coronal Reflexology. I looked for a Coronal chart and couldn't find one.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing on-line?
bschrag
Fresh Hands

Postby pueppi on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:44 am

bschrag wrote:I read the article posted about Coronal Reflexology. I looked for a Coronal chart and couldn't find one.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing on-line?

I was unable to find one online, but I did locate this from http://www.effectivereflexology.com/ind ... o-shopping :

Coronal Zone Reflex Therapy™ A2 Chart
Price £12

This exciting discovery within reflexology has been clearly documented on this A2 hand-drawn, colour chart which can be sent to you in a protective cardboard tube.

Postage and Packing is
£1.99 (UK only) £2.99 (Europe) £3.49 (rest of the world)

Note: These items are only available by contacting the address below or by email on [email protected]

Cheques made payable in pounds sterling please to L.A.Taylor
Postal address: 65 Lickhill Road, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 8SL, England

Call: 01299 210026

Please email on [email protected] for details on how to pay electronically for any of these items

pueppi
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:47 am

I found an interesting link today, that is a great descprition as to the different charts, for anyone interested. From: http://balancingtouchreflexology.blogspot.com/

Why are there Different Reflexology Charts?

When you start exploring the wonderful and fascinating world of Reflexology you will find that there are many Reflexology charts out there, some are very similar and some are totally different. Why is this? I found the following excerpt from Yvette Eastman in one of my course manuals to be helpful to answer the question:

“Once upon a time long ago, there were many, many anatomy charts. Each medical school, in each country had a different chart. One day, all the schools made a decision to have only one chart. And so, they did. There is, to this day, only one true medical anatomy chart. …. And no individual fits it!“– Yvette Eastman

One of the answers is that all the Reflexology schools have not sat down to make “The Reflexology chart”.

It is very interesting to me that when you look at medical anatomical charts, the person in the chart has perfect posture, his palms are open towards you (I don’t know anyone that walks around like this except if they are dead) and no extra fat can be found on his body etc. So it is very fitting when Yvette says “and no individual fits it!” This is why X-rays are taken before any form of surgery is performed since we are all so different. Anatomical body parts can be in slightly different places.

This also gives insight as to why reflexology charts are different, by feel of the feet there are slight variations as to where the points are found from one client to another and so it is a very difficult task to have one chart that fits everyone because the truth is in general it might fit the majority of people but not all. Having said that, most of the reflexology charts out there have many of the points in common but there are some small and great differences.

Click on above mentioned link to read more... Hope it helps! :)
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts