any books on reading the stress cues?

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

any books on reading the stress cues?

Postby blissfulbalance on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:18 pm

I am about to start level 4 of Reflexology training at the school I trained at for massage. I feel like I will finish school without enough knowledge about how to read stress cues on the feet. We have a couple of pages in the Kunz book that we use that show pictures and tell what is reflected in the whole person from the foot/toes. Some are clear to me, but others aren't. I either see other things that they don't mention or don't see why they mention all that they do. Are there any other resources to get better at reading these cues? I would appreciate any guidance that the experienced reflexologists on this board could provide :smt001

Thanks!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Re: any books on reading the stress cues?

Postby Dragonflies on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:26 am

blissfulbalance wrote:Are there any other resources to get better at reading these cues?

Practice, practice, practice. :D Do you have a mentor lined up for post-graduate? I found my mentor to be a life saver for the first 4-6 months out of school. Especially when cases came across my path that we hadn't even touched on in school.

I've never seen an actual book on just stress cues but I know Kevin Kunz posts pictures often to the Reflexology Facebook group he moderates. He usually posts the very interesting ones like Parkinson's and whiplash so more "mediocre" ones like TMJ/jaw, the PMS pituitary cue, fibroids, and such don't usually make it up there. I dunno' though - I've got a snazzy new camera on my new smartphone so maybe I'll be contributing to the library soon. :)
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby blissfulbalance on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:19 am

You are so right. It is true with everything we learn..practice, practice, practice. I guess I was just looking for some additional resources. I don't think I can find a mentor in my city as everyone here who has done a video, weekend class, etc. is a "reflexologist". I hope I learned more than they have in my 330 hour course.

Thanks!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:46 am

You might check with your state association. Maybe you could find someone to meetup with monthly even if he/she isn't in your city. Just a thought...
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby blissfulbalance on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:42 pm

We don't seem to have a State Association in MN, but I do know of a couple of professional reflexologists in the Twin Cities whom I might try to network with when I finish school.

I appreciate your input and help.
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 am

blissfulbalance wrote:We don't seem to have a State Association in MN, but I do know of a couple of professional reflexologists in the Twin Cities whom I might try to network with when I finish school.

I appreciate your input and help.

I remember meeting a representative from MN's association a couple years ago at the RAA conference, here ya' go: Reflexology Association of MN.
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby blissfulbalance on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:45 pm

I appreciate the link you gave me. I do remember seeing that, but I had forgotten it existed. I am so used to absolutely no regulation or cohesive groups for massage in MN that it slipped my mind...LOL!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Dragonflies wrote:I've never seen an actual book on just stress cues but I know Kevin Kunz posts pictures often to the Reflexology Facebook group he moderates.

Would you be kind enough to add the link here, if the group is still up and running? Thanks in advance. :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:20 am

pueppi wrote:
Dragonflies wrote:I've never seen an actual book on just stress cues but I know Kevin Kunz posts pictures often to the Reflexology Facebook group he moderates.

Would you be kind enough to add the link here, if the group is still up and running? Thanks in advance. :)

Kevin's group went through several bumps due to Facebook changing their group structures so I haven't seen it be active in some time. The yahoo group is still fairly active (in so far as an email group can be). Here's the group I'm in on Facebook and we regularly discuss case studies: https://www.facebook.com/groups/147406758643262/.
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts