Reflexology & MS

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Reflexology & MS

Postby oztherapist on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi all

I'm currrently studying for my diploma in Reflexology (predominately Ingham method) & for the clinical requirements for my assessment I need to do a series of treatments on a few clients who suffer from a chronic, debilitating or life threatening condition. I have a client lined up that has had Multiple Sclerosis (relapsing-remitting form) since 2000. Her MS has worsened in the last year & her neurologist believes she is now in the secondary progressive phase. She is currently experiencing bowel incontinence from the colon being impacted. I was wondering if any of you have some experience working with MS clients & whether you could give me some advice on what would be the best approach/suggested procedure in this case? I'm a little concerned about overworking the systems ie. nervous & digestive in this particular client as she is fairly sensitive. Apparently, she has recently had three reflexology sessions from a certified reflexologist & has had an improvement in the numbness & nerve pain in one of her feet but hasn't noticed any other improvements.
I'd really appreciate your help or advice on this one!!!!

Thanks in advance.
oztherapist
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts