Just passed the ARCB exam!

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Just passed the ARCB exam!

Postby blissfulbalance on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:04 am

I just took and passed the ARCB exam in Mpls. on Aug. 14. What a relief, as I signed up 1 week in advance and crammed til my brain exploded...LOL!

Now I am overwhelmed about the 90 case studies. Did you charge for them? I hate to think of doing all of those hours completely for free, but I know in order to get people in, I will have to make it real cheap. What do you recommend for a fee? Then, when I am done, is it hard to suddenly charge the full fee?

Thanks for your expertise!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Re: Just passed the ARCB exam!

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:50 am

blissfulbalance wrote:I just took and passed the ARCB exam in Mpls. on Aug. 14. What a relief, as I signed up 1 week in advance and crammed til my brain exploded...LOL!

Congratulations! I studied and prepped for weeks and it felt like forever. :D

blissfulbalance wrote:Now I am overwhelmed about the 90 case studies. Did you charge for them? I hate to think of doing all of those hours completely for free, but I know in order to get people in, I will have to make it real cheap. What do you recommend for a fee? Then, when I am done, is it hard to suddenly charge the full fee?

Thanks for your expertise!

I had built up a full-time practice before I took the ARCB exam so I just ran a buy two, get one free offer. I was able to have the 90 documented sessions in by the time I sat for the exam! But I would imagine it would be difficult to raise your rates after offering freebies. :|
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby blissfulbalance on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks Dragonflies! I did study a lot longer for the massage nationals, but since they only bring the ARCB test here once a year (and sometimes it's cancelled if there aren't enough people), I figured I better hurry and take it. It had been cancelled, then I heard it was on, but didn't think I had enough time to study, so I put it out of my mind. Then I heard it was postponed from July 24 to Aug. 14, because the proctor's flight was cancelled in NY since the airport she had to transfer flights out of (Milwaukee) had been flooded. I figured this was a higher power speaking to me to take a chance and sign up. The worst that could happen was that I would fail and know the ropes for the next time. But, somehow I was able to pass this time. :shocked:

I think your idea of doing one free with the purchase of two is a good one! Thanks!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:58 am

Congrats on passing the ARCB exam! ...better late than never, ha!
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby blissfulbalance on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks Kindred Spirits! I hope all of this ends up to be worth the effort. Those 90 case documentations are a killer!!! I'm getting closer though.
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 am

blissfulbalance wrote:Thanks Kindred Spirits! I hope all of this ends up to be worth the effort. Those 90 case documentations are a killer!!! I'm getting closer though.

I've started my case studies and hope to test in May 2011. At the end of this month, I'll have 16 completed and 74 to go, lol!
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby blissfulbalance on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:25 pm

Best of luck to you! Sounds like getting the case studies done will be do-able by May! I'm scared that after all of that work, they will find something wrong and I will have to start all over :( I wish we could send in a few at a time for grading instead. I guess then they couldn't collect the extra $100 resubmission fee (as easily).
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:01 pm

I was told that you can send in a few to see if that is what they are looking for. Did you get the application already? ...you should have a good idea of what they are looking for by the documentation example enclosed? :undecided:

The case studies don't need to be completed by May, but I should have a good portion of them done anyhow.

Thank you for the good luck wishes! You, too! :D
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby blissfulbalance on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Yes, I have been trying to go by what they outline, but some of mine are longer than the space alloted. So I have a page 2. I called and they said that was okay. Maybe I will send a couple of them in, just in case. Thanks!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:12 am

What I'm doing is using my SOAP documentation forms from school and then when I've completed all 90, I'm going to transfer all the info to the ARCB documentation forms, so that everything is nice and neat. I am using the intake form and having them sign though. I heard that someone typed them and the ARCB sent them back, they want them neatly handwritten.

Any tips for taking the exam? :grin:
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby blissfulbalance on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:19 am

Our school textbook, "The Complete Guide to Foot Reflexology" (Third Edition) by Kevin and Barbara Kunz was helpful. Also, dig out your anatomy books and review the A & P. Dwight Byers book is good too, "Better Health with Foot Reflexology". There were a lot of questions on protocols used for certain conditions and both of these books help with that. Also, a big part is the history of Reflexology. I can't think of anything else right now, but if I do, I will let you know.

Good luck in your studying!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks, Denise!
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts