What methods of Reflexology do you practice?

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

What methods of Reflexology do you practice?

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:52 am

I am always curious about other methods of Reflexology and find there seems to be trends throughout the U.S. where some teachers visit places more often.<br><br>I'll start (in the order I learned them):<br><br>Eunice Ingham - 32 hours<br>Chris Stormer's Universal/South African - 100 hours<br>American Standard - 100 hours<br>Father Josef's/Rwo Shur/Taiwanese - 14 hours<br><br>I've noticed that here in New England Chris Stormer's South African Universal method is very popular, we also have seen a lot of Father Josef in the last handful of years (his US headquarters are in CT). <br><br>Would love to hear about what methods you practice or have learned!
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Re: What methods of Reflexology do you practice?

Postby Talenyn on Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:34 pm

I only know one method so far, the Egyptian Method (I can't remember how many hours, but you had to document 60 sessions and then a practical to achieve level 3). <br><br>I would like to take other courses eventually.<br><br>
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought to Light - www.tosots.com
Talenyn
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby happyhands on Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:36 pm

I did a 2 week course -Eunice Ingham. 50 hours.<br>I would love to also learn the Egyptian Method.
HappyHands
happyhands
Registered Member

Any other methods?

Postby Sage Rose on Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:31 pm

Hi,

I know this is an older post but I'm writing an article for my website about different methods of Reflexology and was wondering if there are a few more common ones out there.
I learned American Standard and Universal in school but I've heard of a few already mentioned.
Thanks,
Sage Rose

PS. This is my first post so I hope I did this right :lol:
Sage Rose
Fresh Hands

Postby Pandoras_Gift on Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:57 am

I learned the Laura Norman meathod... it was about 40 hours.
love as always,
Muriel
Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Ingham Method

Postby PamperedByTheFoot on Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:40 pm

I learned the Ingham method through IIR (International Institute of Reflexology. The certification course was four weekends and 200 hours. It was nice working with and learning from the foot man, Dwight Byers. One of my instructors was George Balut who is the President of ARCB. He is a real good teacher.
PamperedByTheFoot
Fresh Hands

Postby pueppi on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:59 am

I practice the comprehensive European Method of Reflexology and have my "Internationally Certified Reflexologist" diploma via examination through the ITEC (International Therapy Examination Council) board.

My reflexology education consists of:
  • European Method of Reflexology w/ Derwen Holistic Therapies | Texas (265 hours, classroom based)
  • Thai Foot Reflexology w/ Karen Ball of Academy of Ancient Reflexology | Florida (16 hours - CEU course in Texas)
  • Hot Stone Reflexology w/ Karen Ball of Academy of Ancient Reflexology | Florida (6 hours - CEU course in Texas)
  • Structural Reflex Integration for Massage Therapists w/ Karen Zaharatos, BS, LMT, ACR of Applied Health Seminars | Florida (either 6 or 12 hours - CEU course in Texas / it's been about 10 years since I took this course and can't recall if it was a one or two day course)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts