Client sneezing

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Client sneezing

Postby radiance on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 pm

After I finished a reflexology session today with a new client, she started sneezing and sneezed about 6 times in succession. She was getting a bit perturbed about this and I wondered if anyone has ever done this after a session and why it may have occured.
Thanks!
radiance
Fresh Hands

Re: Client sneezing

Postby MarionFM on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:36 am

Bear in mind that sneezing can be considered an elimination response so maybe you shifted something!
MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby pueppi on Thu May 19, 2011 3:45 pm

radiance wrote:...She was getting a bit perturbed about this...

I am always surprised by people. The woman was perturbed because she sneezed multiple times? Sounds like she may have some other issues that need to be worked on, as well. Encourage her to come back if you can deal with her, or to get work somewhere else if you can't. :)

I am most appreciative to hear about that being considered an "elimination response". I have not thought of it that way. Very nice. :smt004
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Rozax on Sat May 21, 2011 10:58 pm

I would just think that something odd caught her nose. Maybe a smell or dust. I know this is standard, but in the spirit of elimination, I think I'd use that as a segue to talk about their water intake.
This user doesn't visit here, anymore. Move along.
poem-massage.org
Rozax
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:26 am

Well, now that I am in Reflexology classes, I am "seeing" differently. Mainly because I have committed to getting reflexology on a regular basis by a professional, as well.

So, after my first and second real sessions I sneezed intermittently for about a week (after Session 1) and about another 5 days (after Session 2).

Post-Session 1, I also had a light occasional cough that hung on until two days after Session 2.

Anyone seen this lengthyness with the "elimation" response in sneezing & coughing? I am curious. I was not in the throws of any allergies, so I can only assume it was a direct correlation to the Reflexology sessions.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Taoist on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm sure every body responds differently. I don't really go into a sneezing fit, but tend to get a runny nose after a (good) Reflexology session and always chalked it up to my sinuses being affected.
"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."
Lao Tzu

Taoist
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts