To Walk or Not to Walk... That is the Question.

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

pueppi
Registered Member

To Walk or Not to Walk... That is the Question.

Post by pueppi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 am

I'd love to get som conversation going here about when you find that it is more appropriate to finger-walk, stay still, pump, etc. with your sessions.

I have a whole-system work that I provide with extra work as needed, but being new, I sometimes wonder how those of you who have been at this for a while know when to move one, when to stick in a place or when to pump an area (such as the solar plexus).

Do you have a specific feeling you are waiting for? Does something just reach out and let you know what is best for the reflex point? Do you feel a vibration or an energy change (and if so, how do you work with it).

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Any conversation would be helpful.

Thanks in advance! :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Re: To Walk or Not to Walk... That is the Question.

Post by MarionFM » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:48 pm

I tend to do reflexology from a Myofascial point of view now. But then, as most of you know, I am pretty passionate about MFR and do most things from a Myofascial point of view!

How does that translate? Well, here is an example: if I feel an area of restriction - the typical 'hot, hard or tender - then I apply gentle sustained compression into that area until it softens or cools or becomes less tender.

The 'magic' length of time for fascia to begin to respond is 90-120 seconds, so that is how long to apply the compression, at a minimum.

Return to “Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts”