Question about Inflammatory Disease

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

bschrag
Fresh Hands

Question about Inflammatory Disease

Post by bschrag » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:45 am

I thought I posted this earlier, but can't find it.

I have a client with a serious inflammatory disease, which has shown up in her spinal fluid and her brain.
It has affected her eyes in a Palsy manner and has led to a biopsy on one compressed eyeball.

I treated her last with with emphasis on eyes, lymphatic, adrenals and more, using Clove and Heli essential oils.

She told me yesterday that her hair has been smelling awful.

I explained that she was possibly detoxing through her skin, the largest organ and also an excretory organ. In encouraged her to continue drinking a lot of water and to take Epsom salt baths.

Any thoughts on this or thoughts for future treatments.

Dragonflies
Site Admin

Re: Question about Inflammatory Disease

Post by Dragonflies » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 am

Can I ask why you would use a strong dermal irritant and sensitizer such as clove on someone with such a serious condition? Did she patch test OK for clove?

As for Reflexology I would want to see this client for 20-30 minute treatments 2-3 times a week. Working lighter and gentler with the intention of increasing the treatment times as we go.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull

bschrag
Fresh Hands

Post by bschrag » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:18 am

I researched Aromatherapy for Inflammatory and Heli and Clove was what they said to use.

However, it may be as you said too strong of a dermal irritant. I put only 2 drops in quite a bit carrier oil. She tolerated it very well.

I will talk to her about shorter sessions. She insists on coming every week for an hour. But we'll talk.

Thanks!!

Dragonflies
Site Admin

Post by Dragonflies » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:13 pm

bschrag wrote:I researched Aromatherapy for Inflammatory and Heli and Clove was what they said to use.
I take it then you're not an aromatherapist? I'd be very cautious about willy-nilly use of essential oils, especially with a client that has multi-system health concerns. :shock:
bschrag wrote:I put only 2 drops in quite a bit carrier oil. She tolerated it very well.
Did you do a patch test before use? What percentage are you using here? 1%? 10%? How are these oils interacting with her medications? Is she cleared for aromatherapy from her doc?
bschrag wrote:I will talk to her about shorter sessions. She insists on coming every week for an hour. But we'll talk.
Maybe you can find a meet-in-the-middle with her doing daily self-care Reflexology under your tutelage?
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull

Return to “Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts”