Reflexology - Black feet

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Reflexology - Black feet

Postby bschrag on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi to all -- I have recently done two clients that have had the same result:
1) Recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She woke up the morning after her Reflexology session and the bottoms of her feet, around the edges of her heels where black.
2) One week later - did a client. She texted me that the bottom of her feet were black the morning after her Reflexology session.
Has anyone had this happen and/or do you perhaps know what could be the cause. I'm thinking it is the detoxing. If so is it a sign of a serious condition, or just one type of detoxing?
bschrag
Fresh Hands

Re: Reflexology - Black feet

Postby peacenut on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:57 pm

A picture would be nice, next time ask them to take one.

How often do these two people look at the bottom of their feet? Perhaps this is normal for them. If some knew how dirty their feet were or much they smelled, I bet they would wash their feet before a session. I have seen a lot of dirty feet in my years. Could it be that they just happen to be looking at their feet because of their recent reflexology sessions?

It's probably nothing at all. Tell them to wash their feet well and then look at them. Sometimes new socks and new shoes can discolor the bottom of the feet.
I'd let you watch, I would invite you, but the queens we use would not excite you.
peacenut
Registered Member

Postby bschrag on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 am

The one with Breast Cancer never, ever goes w/o shoes.
I did ask for pictures, but too late. hmmm. Maybe next time.
bschrag
Fresh Hands

Postby pueppi on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:27 am

Is it possible you used some sort of oils with the client that caused the problem? Maybe a reaction to something you used?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:41 am

Black skin on the feet can be an indicator of diabetes or gangrene - but I can't imagine it would be a "detox" from Reflexology. If it washes off then it's dirt. Sometimes skin will turn a different shade because of a metallic reaction, was there some sort of foot soak or foot product used during the session that could react to water back at their homes?
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby bschrag on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:50 am

In reply to "dirty feet" and oil I used. The client had been to another reflexologist and her feet also turned black when he did her feet.
Also, she never, ever goes w/o her shoes and socks.
bschrag
Fresh Hands

Postby bschrag on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Just an update - since I started this post, I have now had 3 clients that develop black feet and/or black spots on their feet the day following their reflexology session. I've decided it must be part of the detox process.....
bschrag
Fresh Hands

Postby pueppi on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:06 am

You never answered as to what kind of oils you are using on their feet. Only that the client went somewhere else and ended up with black feet too. I'd suggest asking the other reflexologist what kind of oils or products they used and comparing it to what you are using.

Have you seen any of these "black" feet? Or, are you just going by the clients interpretation of their foot color? What constitutes "black" to the client? What constitutes "black" to you? And, it is the soles which are affected? Is it the entire foot? It is patchy, and if so, what size are the patches? What is a spot of black? How much black are they talking about? It's very strange sounding to me. Photographs of this are in order, as you really should see what the client is seeing. I also think more research is needed before making the random claim of "detoxing".
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts