Plantar Fibroma and Connective Tissue Disease

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Plantar Fibroma and Connective Tissue Disease

Postby bschrag on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:15 pm

I have two new clients - one with Plantar Fibromas and one with severe Connective Tissue Disease.

I thought I would both in a new topic.

Plantar Fibroma - He is a 26-year-old male that has had multiple surgeries (sigh) on the bottom of both feet for Plantar Fibromas. The poor guys feet are horribly scarred and hard. Has anyone had success with this?

Connective Tissue Disease - She is a 50-year-old female with severe CTD. She has infusions (not sure of what) and is severely anemic and severe iron deficiency. Any suggestions?
bschrag
Fresh Hands

Re: Plantar Fibroma and Connective Tissue Disease

Postby pueppi on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Plantar Fibroma - He is a 26-year-old male that has had multiple surgeries (sigh) on the bottom of both feet for Plantar Fibromas. The poor guys feet are horribly scarred and hard. Has anyone had success with this?

I've not knowing worked with anyone who has a "plantar fibroma". I did pull an article for you though (http://fai.sagepub.com/content/16/9/548.short). I am unsure as to what kind of success you are hoping for with reflexology and I honestly can't see how reflexology would make the fibroma/s dissipate or diminish. The European method we learned in school is so gentle, there is certainly no way it would break up adhesions, if that was even a consideration (and I don't think it is). I'd suggest using reflexology work to help decrease whatever stress related responses he is having in association with this problem, instead of trying to treat the fibroma with it.

Connective Tissue Disease - She is a 50-year-old female with severe CTD. She has infusions (not sure of what) and is severely anemic and severe iron deficiency. Any suggestions?

First, I'd find out what kind of infusions she is getting, how frequently and what the contraindications are when working with her, due to this infomation. I am not sure if you would get a positive response by focusing on spleen, liver, lymphatic and circulatory points.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts