Stomach Ulcer

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Stomach Ulcer

Postby Sole_Purpose on Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:27 am

Hi...know of any foot/hand/ear reflexology points to work specifically for stomach ulcers (self-treatment capability)?

TIA, for your help!
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby Dragonflies on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:47 pm

Start with stomach for sure, probably give the entire digestive system a go if you have the time. Is it related to nerves possibly? Then maybe add solar plexus and adrenal gland reflexes to the mix. Pituitary reflex is always a good one in cases of pain.

Here is an interactive hand chart and an interactive foot chart that should make reflex location a bit easier for self-help. I don't agree with all of the point locations but they seem to have stomach and pituitary about right. Good luck!
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Sole_Purpose on Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:38 am

Thanks! ...and thanks too for the chart links.

I've got the book Better Health With Foot Reflexology - The Original Ingham Method - authored by Dwight C. Byers (from massage school). This contains both a foot and hand chart. What's your perspective on those?
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby Dragonflies on Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:15 pm

KindredSpirits wrote:Thanks! ...and thanks too for the chart links.

I've got the book Better Health With Foot Reflexology - The Original Ingham Method - authored by Dwight C. Byers (from massage school). This contains both a foot and hand chart. What's your perspective on those?

Happy to help!

I haven't seen Dwight's chart in awhile, he should be pretty right-on. There are frequent discussions regarding the reflex locations of the heart, kidneys, and many of the cranial reflexes that differ quite wildly from one chart to the next. I guess it depends on which branch of Reflexology you are trained in, I'll be training in my tenth style coming this fall and it is always funny how a new workshop can change your perspective. :)
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Re: Stomach Ulcer

Postby pueppi on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Fantastic interactive charts! Thanks for the links! :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts