Insurance for Reflexologist - non massage

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Insurance for Reflexologist - non massage

Postby gracefulbeing on Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:53 am

Has anyone looked into the background of the IMA Group?  They seem to be the only ones that offer insurance coverage for Reflexologist/non MT.<br><br>I tried to get an answer from the Ins. Co. they hold but I didn't get anywhere.  I also sent a message to IAM Group and have not heard anything either.
gracefulbeing
Fresh Hands

Re: Insurance for Reflexologist - non massage

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:28 pm

I posted something similar under "Insurance" to see if anyone had used them before. I am working on my CV to submit and see if I am accepted. If that's the case I should have more info later in the year, depending on how quickly they work. <br><br>Would love to hear from anyone else considering using IMA or someone with prior experience.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby gracefulbeing on Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:41 pm

IMN is what I saw in the insurance section.  Did you also post regarding IMA Group?<br><br>It sounds like IMN is if you want to do insurance billing.  IMA group is liability insurance, like what an MT can get through AMTA or ABMP.<br><br>Are we on the same subject?  ???<br><br>still not heard from IMA Group......  I'd be conserned if I thought I had liability insurance from them, a week is a long time to respond to an inquiry these days.
gracefulbeing
Fresh Hands

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:43 am

Oh goodness, no I was in a completely different book! Sorry.<br><br>I have heard of IMA then - for coverage as a practicing reflexologist. I went with ABMP because I got a discount from being insured while a student. Sorry, I don't have an opinion on the topic then!  :P
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby gracefulbeing on Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:12 am

I would like to still hear from others if they have IMA Group Insurance and what they know about it.<br><br>Well that actually brings me to the next question.<br><br>Re: ABMP<br>I am in a state the regulates MT.  By what is written in the membership info I would need to be a MT to get insurance from them.<br><br>Can I get insurance through them without MT?  Is MA a state that does not regulate MT?  Did you have some MT training, it seemed like everyone had to have some MT training.  Maybe things have changed since your training in Reflexology.<br><br>I guess I will send that message off today to ABMP.<br>
gracefulbeing
Fresh Hands

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:18 am

No, I don't have any MT training. ABMP covers reflexologists as bodyworkers and accepted my 200 hours of certification just fine. I was never told otherwise. Hope this helps!
Last edited by Dragonflies on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby gracefulbeing on Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:28 am

This would be wonderful.  :D<br><br>I sent them a message today and asked specifically if they cover a Reflexologist-non MT in a state that regulates massage.<br><br>I will let you know what answer I get.
gracefulbeing
Fresh Hands

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:35 am

Thank you, that information may become very useful to me as Massachusetts is working on a massage regulation on a state level.
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby gracefulbeing on Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:15 am

I heard back from AMBP...<br><br>"One question I have is whether your state considers reflexology exempt from massage therapy licensure. In order for our insurance to cover you, you must be practicing legally in whatever state you practice in. If your state does not require reflexologists to have a license, you could join us at the Practitioner level of membership. It only requires 100 hours or more of training, so you would qualify with the 200 hours training you have had."<br><br>Thankfuly Maryland has.....<br>Maryland Senate Bill 194 states "Massage Therapy DOES NOT include the laying on of and consisting of pressure or movement on a full clothed individual to specifically effect the electromagnetic energy or energetic field of the human body."<br><br>The Kunz's have this on their site saying that Reflexologists fall under this law.<br><br>I am off to sign up for membership in AMBP.
gracefulbeing
Fresh Hands

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:30 am

I am off to sign up for membership in AMBP.

This is great news! Thanks for sharing!
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby pueppi on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:42 pm

I recently located another company that insures reflexologists: https://www.insurebodywork.com/reflexology-insurance

Contact information

email [email protected]
phone 888-568-0548
fax 801-763-1374

Mailing address

Beauty & Bodywork Insurance (BBI)
260 South 2500 West Suite #303
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics