Leading by example: How often do you receive Reflexology?

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

How often do you receive reflexology?

Weekly
20%
Bi-weekly
20%
Monthly
20%
Bi-monthly
No votes
Other (please elaborate in post)
20%
I can't remember my last reflex session
20%

Total votes : 5

Leading by example: How often do you receive Reflexology?

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:52 am

As a Reflexologist (either working exclusively as a Reflexologist or at least 70% of your sessions being reflexology only), how often do you receive Reflexology?

Do you feel it is important to receive regular Reflexology sessions as a Reflexologist?
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:59 am

I voted other because while I try to get bi-weekly sessions sometimes it turns into monthly if the money is not there and other times it is weekly or even twice a week if I'm trying to work on something (digestion, hormone balancing, allergies, etc...).

And to answer my own question: yes, I think it is very important to receive regular Reflexology sessions. Partly to lead by example and partly to be in a client position and remember what different techniques feel like. I remember my Reflexologist telling me after one session that she hasn't received a session in ages. Honestly, I could tell. I think you can forget what deep pressure over the pads of the toes feels like, or how yummy the moves around the hip reflexes can be. If you're out of touch, so to speak, can you give as good a session? I dunno', I just know my Reflexologist gives a better session when she's received recently.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Re: Leading by example: How often do you receive Reflexology?

Postby pueppi on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:03 pm

<bump a bumpity bump>
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics