Looking for life size rubber foot for practice

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Looking for life size rubber foot for practice

Postby champagn1 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:46 am

Hi,
I am new to reflexology. I have attended two workshops and registered for a third. I am trying to locate a lifesize set of feet to practice on in a rubber type material. Does anyone know where I can purchase these from? I am not looking for a set that has organs etc written on them. Thanks!
"Future Reflexologist and Massage Therapist"
Pam
champagn1
Fresh Hands

Postby shivashiva on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:52 am

Why not just practice on real people, or even your self?
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats
shivashiva
Registered Member

Postby champagn1 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:08 am

I am going to do that too. However, I have a video and wanted to take advantage of some time I have to practive even more with my video.
Thanks
Pam
"Future Reflexologist and Massage Therapist"
Pam
champagn1
Fresh Hands

Postby Pandoras_Gift on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:48 pm

I haven't seen any that aren't anatomical anywhere... but a cheaper suggestion is to get toe socks, fill one to capacity with rice or flax seeds... That way you have the structure or close to it!
love as always,
Muriel
Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Re: Looking for life size rubber foot for practice

Postby pueppi on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:34 am

champagn1 wrote:I am trying to locate a lifesize set of feet to practice on in a rubber type material. Does anyone know where I can purchase these from? I am not looking for a set that has organs etc written on them.

In my searches, I keep locating the same ones you mention. I am wondering why you can't purchase some flexible rubber coating and just dip the foot in it. That would cover all of the writing, etc.

It's called Plasti Dip. Most commonly it is used to cover handles on tools, ends of rope (different colors let you know the length of the rope piece), ends of keys (different colors let you color code where the key goes) and that sort of thing.

I have the 14.5 oz. cans. It goes a long way. I believe I bought mine at a Home Depot... but can't say for sure as that was quite some years ago.

Anyway, I think that would take care of the problem you are concerned about.

Here is a model foot link on E-Bay: Acupressure FOOT Model Reflexology & Guide Acupuncture - US $13.98
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics