marketing to the expectant mother

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

marketing to the expectant mother

Postby makingachange on Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:55 pm

we've had success with marketing to expectant mothers for massage - but marketing reflexology is a horse of another color. mainly because most women here don't know about it. and the ones who have think it's dangerous to receive while expecting. so, as usual, this will take a certain amount of education. i know that we can mention reflexology during the time we spend with our expectant clients, and i know that we can create a 'prenatal menu of services'.

i'm curious to know what sorts of marketing you've done to pregnant women for reflexology?

thanks!
amanda
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."~
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby makingachange on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:21 pm

i've been tossing this around in my head a bit, and with a few other people too. i've decided this week that at all of my networking opportunities i am asking for referrals of expectant mothers. i'm asking for a number - 3, or 5 expectant mothers, or family members of an expectant mother. i'm telling them that i'm doing a project on working with women in their 3rd tm and all of the benefits of the sessions. i plan to use the information and the feedback in my marketing. i'm offering them a 5-week series at a reduced rate to get my feedback and info.

i've gotten a couple of bites off of it already. which is great. and one of the women said " i've been wondering what you do and this gives me a great excuse to come find out! "

i'm also going to try to weave this into a press release for reflexology wk in september.

amanda
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."~
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Are you familiar with Dr Gowri Motha's work and her guidelines for Reflexology during pregnancy? Those seem to help me get people on board 'cause she's a wonderful OB and absolutely raves about Reflexology. 8)
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Re: marketing to the expectant mother

Postby pueppi on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Dragonflies, I read the article you linked to. Wow! If I were an expectant mother, you can bet that would be a huge selling point for me!
In a 1992-1993 research project conducted by Doctors Gowri Motha, Jane McGrath and Ms. Zia Rowji, 64 pregnant women were offered complimentary (free) Reflexology sessions from 20 weeks gestation to term. Thirty-seven of the women completed the set course of 10 treatments and had outstanding results in labor and birth:

•The first time mothers and the 20-25 year olds averaged 5-6 hours in labor (textbook is 16-24 hrs)
•Second stage labor (pushing and birth), lasted an average of 16 minutes (textbook is 1-2 hours)
•Some had labor times of only 2 or 3 hours

Read more: http://reflexology.suite101.com/article ... z0XLTLe6Dh
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics