Does anyone work at a Dentist's Office?

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Does anyone work at a Dentist's Office?

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:57 pm

I once had a conversation about a Reflexologist that was working in a dentist office. I thought it sounded very cool, albeit a little strange. I was doing a search the other day and sure enough, Reflexology at the dentist's office is still a happening thing!
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby GreenDragonfly on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:35 pm

I've got a friend who is a wholistic dentist and since she's moved to a new building she made room for massage. Right now she's got a person who does accupressure but I never really thought about how great reflexology would be for that.

She's asked me to work there when I graduate also, which I am contemplating :grin: It is close to home and would be a great way to start getting clients.
GreenDragonfly

Postby Dragonflies on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:08 am

GreenDragonfly wrote:I've got a friend who is a wholistic dentist and since she's moved to a new building she made room for massage. Right now she's got a person who does accupressure but I never really thought about how great reflexology would be for that.

She's asked me to work there when I graduate also, which I am contemplating :grin: It is close to home and would be a great way to start getting clients.

Hey, that could be a great opportunity for you to bring reflexology to her office! I mean it makes so much sense considering all of the "experiments" Dr FitzGerald would do with reflexology and zone therapy for anesthetic purposes. Do you think she would employ your skills as a Reflexologist for clients that wanted a *very* natural experience at the dentist's office? That would be so cool. 8)
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:49 pm

I just found this piece from today. The video is a nice peek into the experience for both the patients and the bodywork practitioner (likely a massage therapist).
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Talenyn on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:52 am

I actually worked at a dentist's office for awhile, offering hand massages, reflexology, and neck & shoulder massage after treatments (having you mouth wide open for over an hour does a number on you)

The patients loved it!

I actually did treatments while patients were in the cleaning chair, and during some of the procedures depending on the client. It really helped with nervous patients. Some couldn't believe that their treatment was over so quickly.

I had actually done this years ago when my partner was getting her first filling (pre therapist days). She was a little nervous. So while we were waiting for the dentist and the novicane to kick in, I started rubbing her feet. He told me to continue while he worked, and it worked like a charm. :) My turn in the chair and she did the same for me, apparently I drooled more than normal so he knew I was relaxed. Never had a filling go so quickly!
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought to Light - www.tosots.com
Talenyn
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Talenyn wrote:I had actually done this years ago when my partner was getting her first filling (pre therapist days). She was a little nervous. So while we were waiting for the dentist and the novicane to kick in, I started rubbing her feet. He told me to continue while he worked, and it worked like a charm. :) My turn in the chair and she did the same for me, apparently I drooled more than normal so he knew I was relaxed. Never had a filling go so quickly!

I love this story Talenyn! :D
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics