Finding a niche market as a Reflexologist

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Finding a niche market as a Reflexologist

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:07 pm

This morning I attended a business class by the Small Business Development Center that was called "Know Your Niche." What a great opportunity to sit in a room with 49 other small business owners and brainstorm what "niche" meant to each of us. The presenter pointed out that those of us in the audience in the profession of those who "care for people" (and she described bodyworkers in that category), often see marketing as a drudgery. Something we hate doing and don't want to spend time on. She said to change the way we think of marketing and to see it as reaching out and serving more people. I liked that. :)

Anyway, I am still going through my notes about who my potential clients are, who is my competition (even if the client is doing "nothing" instead of seeing me), and how I will develop these ideas into a usable format. I'd love to brainstorm with other Reflexologists since I don't always relate to marketing from a massage therapy perspective (I don't have a way of doing things that MTs do - such as sports massage or trigger point work, etc...). Anyone want to join me in this thread? I'll post more about the workshop if there's interest.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

business marketing internet

Postby harrybusinessmarketing on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:44 am

You can start doubling or tripling the number of new customers or clients you bring into your business -- and discover dozens of other ways to increase your profits.
harrybusinessmarketing

Postby EgoMagickian on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Wow. I never realized before that my biggest competition is "do nothing" but it is!
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:18 pm

EgoMagickian wrote:Wow. I never realized before that my biggest competition is "do nothing" but it is!

I know, that came as a surprise to me. I didn't think about potential clients "doing nothing" as my competition.
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby GreenDragonfly on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Dragonflies wrote:
EgoMagickian wrote:Wow. I never realized before that my biggest competition is "do nothing" but it is!

I know, that came as a surprise to me. I didn't think about potential clients "doing nothing" as my competition.

Did they offer any creative/specific ways to market for this group? Sounds interesting! Got me thinking about it now...
GreenDragonfly

Postby Dragonflies on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:57 am

GreenDragonfly wrote:
Dragonflies wrote:

Did they offer any creative/specific ways to market for this group? Sounds interesting! Got me thinking about it now...

No, she didn't really go into depth on marketing to the "do nothing" crowd. The class was two hours in length so she didn't really have the time to delve into that topic. I would love it if she did a follow-up class for that though!
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:02 am

I forgot to add a link to the SBA's local resources page. There's also resources out there for the women-owned small businesses.
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby MarionFM on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:16 am

I too was struck by the thought that my greatest competitor is 'doing nothing'.

I love networking and that has been my primary type of marketing. It has served me well so far.

There used to be a lady that sold cosmetics that said "If you have skin, I can help". It is a great line that can be modified.

If you have stress, I can help.

If you have feet, I can help.

For chair massage, I have used, If you have a back, I can help. I do more myofascial release than reflexology these days but I would be interested in hearing what the lady had to say. Thanks for offering.
MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics