Room / Area Themes

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Room / Area Themes

Postby pueppi on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:32 pm

Now, I admit, I don't know a lot about reflexology, other than one session I had and my current meanderings through this forum. I am steadily working my way toward becoming more knowledgeable.

So, it seems to me (and if I am wrong, please let me know)... but, it seems to me that a reflexologists room/setting lends itself to the opportunity for changing out themes somewhat more readily than a massage therapists room may.

While searching for some items for the Foot Bath Tubs thread today, I ran across this picture.

Hmmm... I thought to myself. How about a tropical retreat? I think the theme can be accessed with minimal expense and items. So, I began my search for a plastic coconut. Because you would want one to pour your foot soak crystals or liquid into the foot tub, right? :) BTW, I think you could also add anything natural for the foot soak bath, like colorful flower petals and some sort of rainforest greenery along with very thin lemon slices to give it more of a tropical feel.

Well, that search was minimal. I did find a company with a coconut drinking cup.

A ceramic coconut mug.

And, a Coconut Bowl - but I can't tell if you could actually use this or not. You might want to contact the store for more details.

How about surprising your client with a lei?

You could also add a Luau Centerpiece - Coconut with Tealight Candle.

And some small 12 inch tiki-torches.

And, while you were at it, play some Hawaiian music (I've pulled up the list of Don Ho mp3's from Amazon for your listening pleasure. :)

Here's a drink you could offer:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Room / Area Themes

Postby pueppi on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:56 pm

When setting up a room where you need towels and the like... color combinations can be difficult for some of us.

Here is a nice laypersons article on setting up a bathroom to feel like a spa. The color wheel info, though simplified may help someone out. :)

Excerpt:
Most soaking tubs are white or almond color, leaving many options for bathroom décor. Choose color and theme of your bathroom before spending money on accessorizing. Refer to an interior decorator's secret tool -- the color wheel. Pick your primary color and go to the opposite side to pick complementary shades. Take color choice along on shopping trips to coordinate linens and other decorating items.

Linens are the next step in the transformation. Secure tightly rolled towels and washcloths in a wicker basket and position on tub ledge or nearby floor. For a natural touch, tie the towels with raffia. Add a contrasting valance window treatment and bath mat.

~~~~~*~~~~~

And, here's a full article all about how to use a color wheel if you want to get into more detail. :)
This 12 step color wheel will provide the basic information needed to grasp most color design challenges.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Room / Area Themes

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:16 pm

What a fun thread pueppi!
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics