Talking about Reflexology

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Talking about Reflexology

Postby Dragonflies on Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:28 am

In my class our instructor gave us an assignment to come up with an "elevator" version of the answer to 'what is reflexology?' Everyone had their own twist to it and it had to be short enough as if you were taking the elevator for only a few floors. <br><br>Would anyone like to share their "version" of a short explanation or synopsis on reflexology? Do you also use any of the "cute" lines in your marketing (i.e. "mind, body, sole" "happy feet" etc...)?
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Re: Talking about Reflexology

Postby akb on Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:14 am

That's a great assigment!  I have not been so good with talking about anything to the general public.  Just the other day some of the stylists in the salon I work at were asking me about reflexology (I only took a few hours of it in MT school) and I think I said something like:<br><br>"There are reflex points for your organs in your feet, hands, and ears.  Reflexology helps balance the energy in your body through the reflexes."<br><br>Or something equally lame.<br><br>I was hoping people would respond to this so I could actually learn what to say.  Although I'd be hard pressed to do anything about it since I am not a reflexologist...still, there's the future to think about....and if I could steer someone to a reflexologist's door, I'm sure they'd be grateful.<br><br>Here's to hoping others respond to this great topic!  (I might even start a similar thread in the massage section)
akb
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:43 am

<bump>

Now that we have a reflexology group (!), I am hoping some of the new people since 2005 (when this thread was written), have a few lines to share. :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby lovely_day on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:33 pm

What is Reflexology: it is the application of pressure, stretch and movement to the feet and hands to effect corresponding parts of the body. By applying these techniques, a reflexologist interrupts stress patterns between various body parts to help the body restore and maintain its natural state of health.

My elevator answer as a CMT who enjoys reading about reflexology!
lovely_day
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:30 am

Bumpa-da-bumping again!
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics