similar to foot bath topic...

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

similar to foot bath topic...

Postby makingachange on Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:37 pm

while looking around at the sanijets and inflatables and so on, i stumbled across the foot detox system

www.detoxinternational.net

they also have 'detox patches'... curious to know your thoughts about this?

i'm always so skeptical, the foot bath system has intrigued me though. oh, and the sanijet runs over 1K.

thanks in advance for your thoughts
amanda
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby EgoMagickian on Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:38 pm

There's an article about them on this page: http://www.raygirvan.co.uk/apoth/2004_05_01_arc.html

Google is your friend ;-) http://www.google.com/search?q=foot+detox+bath+skeptic
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby makingachange on Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:48 pm

hee hee! thank you.

i would have never thought to add 'skeptic' to the search phrase.

amanda
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby EgoMagickian on Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:26 pm

Hehe... unfortunately, I learned about that from finding "debunking" websites trying to debunk things *I* like, such as muscle testing, reiki, etc.

But this foot bath thing seems pretty straight forward... reminds me of a "gallstone flush" that appears to work due to a chemical reaction during digestion of the ingredients, which forms little balls that pass through and are then claimed as flushed gallstones.
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

detox foot spa, Liver stones and feet patches

Postby detox guy on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:37 am

I've used the foot spas, patches and the cleanse in my profession so guess what side of the fence I'm on.

I've found all of these treatments to works very well and for clients to report good results and come back for more.

Best advise I can give you is try it out, If you dont get any benefit then you wont come back for more.

If these things where fake, they would soon fizzle out. Some people make claims that aren't true or accurate and this tends to be what muddy's the water for skeptics (pun intended)

Wrote a post about the "Rusty Results" at:
http://thedetoxteam.blogspot.com/2006/0 ... lours.html
The Detox Team
www.TheDetoxTeam.co.uk
Detox foot spa's for distributers, salons, spa's and home users
detox guy
Fresh Hands

Postby Breathe on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:35 pm

I'd "try it out" if it was free to try. But around here, one treatment can cost nearly $100. Given that I fall firmly in the court of "skeptic," I'll save the $100 for something else.

(Funny how these old posts can bring out the single reply defenders... :? )
abusing the word "actually" since 1973
Breathe
Registered Member

Postby superspagirl on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:47 pm

My chiro offers a similar treatment. He only charges $5 if you do it along with a regular adjustment appt. I think it is $25 on its own. I have had it done and found I feel better afterward. I should probably have it done more regularly but since I usually have my preschoolers with me it isn't always reasonable to sit the with my feet in the foot bath and them running all over just out of my reach. LOL
*Laurie*
superspagirl
Retired Moderator

Re: detox foot spa, Liver stones and feet patches

Postby Dragonflies on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:49 pm

detox guy wrote:I've used the foot spas, patches and the cleanse in my profession so guess what side of the fence I'm on.

Just curious are you a practicing Reflexologist detox guy?

Thanks for sharing the link with us. Sounds like the detox bath's benefits have been misconstrued like ear coning. Guess we're not interested enough in the fact that complementary and alternative medicine HELPS the body to achieve homeostasis, NOT cure us of our ailments. LOL.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby detox guy on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:46 am

I'm not a reflexologist, the detox spa is my main gig, but when I came across the post I thought I'd chip in with mt 2 pence.
The Detox Team
www.TheDetoxTeam.co.uk
Detox foot spa's for distributers, salons, spa's and home users
detox guy
Fresh Hands

Re: similar to foot bath topic...

Postby pueppi on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:32 am

Cross-link: Ionic Foot Baths
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics