Reflexology Party?

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Reflexology Party?

Postby screamingeagle on Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:07 pm

I've read the thread about "massage party" in the massage section. I was just wondering if anyone has tried that with reflexology.

Here's the thread:
http://www.bodyworkonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3265

Here are some urls of what people have done with reflexology parties:
http://groups.msn.com/ReflexologyforHealth/reflexologyparties.msnw

http://www.tmassage.com/topic_packages.htm

http://www.footreflexologist.com/Appointment_options.htm
screamingeagle
Fresh Hands

Postby Dragonflies on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:34 am

I had a "foot party" for our graduating class of reflexologists. We had foot soaks, sampled foot products (spray, creams, scrubs), and those interested exchanged a little reflexology. It was fun.

I've also worked a slumber party of five adult women, I gave 20-minute foot reflexology, optional foot soak. Turned out well.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:53 pm

I would like to promote myself for the ocassional Reflexology Party. Wondering if anyone has some tips on how to advertise this. I do not wish to see clients for outcalls, but if it is a group I think it would be more worth my time. How do I establish this boundary between the ocassional party/group outcall versus a mobile business?
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby maestra on Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:23 pm

Dragonflies, what about marketing it as "Fabulous Feet!" parties... where you could either provide products for them to do "Soaks" with or things from which they could "build their own" product?
You know, look up recipes online on how to make 'Natural beauty products"... and let them experiment with creating their own scents and mixtures, while chatting w/ the hostess... and in the meantime you can be providing one client with a mini-reflexology session?
A few candles and some music and it sounds like a very fun time to me! A well-deserved "girls night in?" :lol:
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland
maestra
Site Admin

Re:

Postby pueppi on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Dragonflies wrote:I would like to promote myself for the ocassional Reflexology Party. Wondering if anyone has some tips on how to advertise this. I do not wish to see clients for outcalls, but if it is a group I think it would be more worth my time. How do I establish this boundary between the ocassional party/group outcall versus a mobile business?

I know this is ano old thread and you may have already come up with an idea.

I think you could promote this by making up a brochure in which you specifically mention on the front, "Reflexology Parties" for groups of <insert number here> or more.

For example the outer cover would have something like this:

"Fabulous Feet!"
    ~ parties for groups of 8-12

The Barefoot Dragonfly
    <address
    phone, etc.>

The inside of the brochure could have a little write up of what you do at the party and a fee schedule. It could also have a small highlighted notation of your reflexology office and what you offer there (but not as the focal point). And, of course talk about why reflexology is good for a person. :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics