Reflexology

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Re: Reflexology

Postby superspagirl on Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:07 pm

I often do some reflexology on the feet during a normal massage hour. Since I am in a salon though I am considering doing foot and hand reflexology as a seperate menu item. Thinking that while the ladies wait for their hair to process or whatever they may like a 30 min treatment. Not really sure what to charge in my area though. I am charging $45 for an hour of table massage. Any suggestions on price?
*Laurie*
superspagirl
Retired Moderator

Postby puamaeole on Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:44 am

I incorporate reflexology in my massage.   their is a specific foot lomilomi, i don't always follow the routine.  sometimes i use pepperment lotion or just straight powder with tea tree in it.  when i get to the feet i normally 99% of the time wash their feet and scrub it with a tea tree or peppermint scrub then i wash it off with warm heated wash cloths.  right there i decide if i'll do lotion or powder.  sometimes clients book for an <br>1 1/2hr.  so i get to take my time on their feet that is when i use powder.  other than that i use lotion.  people really like the extra attention and you can make as long or short as you want.  try it it's really quick to do.   ;)
puamaeole
Registered Member

Postby Jen on Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:03 pm

I offer Reflexology as part of my services. The session generally lasts approximately 45 minutes. The first 5-10 minutes, they start out with a hydrotherapy spa for their feet (I have a footspa with several different types of massage settings); next I dry their feet and use scented baby powder when working on their feet. This is crucial over oil or lotion because you need to be able to apply a certain amount of friction when working the thumb all over the feet areas. I generally work from the toes down to the sole of the foot, much the same way I start out when I perform a regular table massage on someone. <br>From what I have learned, true reflexology uses mainly the thumb when applying pressure/working pressure points; powder allows ease of moving the thumb smoothly from one area to another.<br>After approximately 20-25 minutes of working on the feet, I finish with allowing the client to dip their feet into my paraffin spa, leaving them soft and cozy warm.<br>I would work longer on the feet; however, my thumbs are about ready to give out since I usually may have to apply different degrees of pressure, depending on problem areas of the client's systems/organs/etc.<br>I charge $40 for a Reflexology session.<br><br>Be well,<br>Jen
Jen
Registered Member

Postby JL on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:17 pm

I offer Reflexology as one service, and during a massage I spend a little more time on the feet.  Most people ask me about reflexology afterwards, and make an appt.   I also have a lot of requests for a half hour reflexology & half hour massage combo.   I made up this routine: I  warm a hot hand towel with hot water, add a few sprinkles of essential oil on the towel like eucalyptus or peppermint.  I apply the warm towel on their feet, and then start the session using thumbs and nuckel pressure.  Last but not least I massage their feet with organic coconut oil, it smells wonderful and it's very moisterizing.  Everyone raves about this service!   :)Neo
neomassage
JL
Fresh Hands

Postby pueppi on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:32 am

puamaeole wrote:I incorporate reflexology in my massage.   their is a specific foot lomilomi, i don't always follow the routine.  sometimes i use pepperment lotion or just straight powder with tea tree in it.  when i get to the feet i normally 99% of the time wash their feet and scrub it with a tea tree or peppermint scrub then i wash it off with warm heated wash cloths.  right there i decide if i'll do lotion or powder.  sometimes clients book for an <br>1 1/2hr.  so i get to take my time on their feet that is when i use powder.  other than that i use lotion.  people really like the extra attention and you can make as long or short as you want.  try it it's really quick to do.   ;)

I have to admit, I miss puamaeole, she always had neat ideas. :) So, I am reviving this thread to ask 2 questions:

...there is a specific foot lomilomi...

Does anyone have information on this "specific foot lomi lomi"? Have you seen a video or course about it? Do you have a link you can share? I know it's not true reflexology, but it still sounds interesting!

...sometimes i use... ...just straight powder with tea tree in it.

Does anyone know what type of powder she was referring to and a link where to get it? Or, where to get something similar?

Thanks all!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics