Billing Super Codes for Reflexology

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Billing Super Codes for Reflexology

Postby estiles12 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:58 am

I know that there are codes I need to get a copy ASAP!!!

Please...

Liz
Elizabeth A. Stiles, LMP,CR, CA, BS, ACBT, CREI
Healing Hands of Stiles
P.O. Box 533
31512 SE 40th Street
Washougal, WA 98671

(360) 606-9557
[email protected]

Member: ABMP, RAA, ICR, WRA
estiles12
Fresh Hands

Postby Dragonflies on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:45 am

Hi Liz,

I am only familiar with Reflexology codes in the form of ABC codes, but don't know the actual codes, just of their existence. I do hope someone has an answer for you!

A thought, what about calling the insurance company? For instance, Aetna and Blue Cross have a provider's contact number, they might be able to assist you.

Good luck!
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby estiles12 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:12 pm

Amy,

Thanks! I'm very aware of the ABC codes and yes there are CPT and other Insurance codes for Reflexology. I've seen them but it has been awhile. Just wish I could remember where. Need to be able to add them to my Massage Super bill. If anyone comes across such please send my way.

Thanks again!

Liz
Elizabeth A. Stiles, LMP,CR, CA, BS, ACBT, CREI
Healing Hands of Stiles
P.O. Box 533
31512 SE 40th Street
Washougal, WA 98671

(360) 606-9557
[email protected]

Member: ABMP, RAA, ICR, WRA
estiles12
Fresh Hands

codes

Postby Qiwalker on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:31 pm

Liz,

I found this at http://www.auriculotherapy.com/faqs.html#prc2 it is targeted more towards ear acupuncture then ear reflexology, but I don't see it as a stretch to call reflexology by the name neuro-stimulation, but I'm not an insurance person.

Dale

quote <<

"Whether auriculotherapy treatments are reimbursed health care providers or HMO's depends both upon the type of license of the practitioner and health insurance coverage of the client. When billed as applied neurostimulation (CPT Code 97118) as part of a regular office visit, many health insurance agencies will accept auriculotherapy as a form of TENS (transcutaenous electrical nerve stimulation). Only some health insurance companies accept auriculotherapy when billed as a form of acupuncture"

>>quote
Qiwalker
Fresh Hands

Postby UCR on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:29 am

Hi,
This is a great quote.

Auriculotherapy is a modality all of its own. It includes the use of electrical instruments, probes and needles. Both theory and application differ from Ear Reflexology.

The "History of Ear Reflexology" is outlined in this article.
http://www.universalreflex.com/article. ... 5131407308

Regards,
Jack
UCR
Fresh Hands

Re: Billing Super Codes for Reflexology

Postby pueppi on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't know that this helps, but there is a CPT code for "Unlisted Therapeutic Proceedure" - 97139 (now that is from a 1997 Code book I have, but I looked it up online and it still seems to be applicable).

I am not sure if one needs to be an MD or DC in order to utilize this code. What I do read with it: "The physician or therapist is required to have direct (one on one) patient contact."
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics