Running a Reflexology Class or Workshop

Topics may include, but not limited to: schools, CEU's, legislation and politics.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Running a Reflexology Class or Workshop

Postby shannah on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:58 am

Hi all. I am a CMT who is trained in Reflexology. I do not do alot of Reflexology Sessions in my practice, but try to incoporate some into my massage sessions. I have some mild interest and am hoping to spark some more by offering a small workshop on Reflexology to my patients. I was thinking of an hour or two class on benefits, contraindications, how tos, and general info as well as some hands on. I want to send home some info, a "map", some foot cream (maybe hand made tea tree and peppermint?). Anyways, I was hoping for some input on classes you all have attended, run or just some great ideas. Thank you in advance!
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you forget the words.
shannah
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:54 am

Hi Shannah - always nice to "meet" someone new in the Reflexology sections. Excellent thread to start! I think some Reflexologists struggle in this area so hopefully your question will inspire lots of brainstorming here. :grin:

When I teach a short class I cover the basics: a very brief history and theory (maybe just cover one or two theories, not all of them!), and then get into how it can really help them from a self-help perspective. Reflexology may not be as fast-acting as a Tylenol but I've seen it work pretty quickly so I cover the "I need Reflexology now" scenarios: headaches and migraines, indigestion and diarrhea, the flu etc... Anything extra is a bonus to cover in a very short class.

I am currently teaching a ten hour introduction class to the general public so I get to cover so much more. :D
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby shannah on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi, thanks for the advice. I was wondering if you do hands on work in your classes and if so, how do you set it up or organize the work?
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you forget the words.
shannah
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Oh yes, I demonstrate hands on in the class - even the short classes. Typically I present the materials verbally and with hand-outs and then gather everyone around the recliner with a volunteer. We had so much fun at last night's class, I just kept rotating people for demonstrations so everyone had a chance to receive a little and give a little. Worked wonderfully! Of course that's for the ten hour class so we've got plenty of time to cover all of the basics.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Return to Reflexology Education/Legislation