Manzaneres Method

Topics may include, but not limited to: schools, CEU's, legislation and politics.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Manzaneres Method

Postby blissfulbalance on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Has anyone taken Jesus Manzanere's continuing ed courses? He specializes in scientific reflexology. Just wondering what you thought of the course.

Thanks!

Denise
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Re: Manzaneres Method

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:26 am

I didn't take his workshop but my colleague did, she said his techniques are similar to the pressure used by Father Josef early on in his teaching career. I can't wait for Manzanares to start publishing in medical journals some of his work, like the EEG studies and biopsies.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby blissfulbalance on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:53 pm

It sounds very interesting, but it seems to be another course where only one class will not be enough to be proficient enough to use the techniques taught. So, multiple tuitions, travel, hotel, etc. will price me out of it. His research does sound very intriguing.
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 am

blissfulbalance wrote:It sounds very interesting, but it seems to be another course where only one class will not be enough to be proficient enough to use the techniques taught. So, multiple tuitions, travel, hotel, etc. will price me out of it. His research does sound very intriguing.

I'll ask my colleague if she felt that way after taking his workshop. I am not aware of him having a series of workshop levels but you may be right, that seems to be the trend some of the Reflexology CE programs have been going.
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby blissfulbalance on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:34 am

Thanks! I read something to that effect on his website....after 96 hours you can use the "Certified in the Manzaneres Method" title. That takes 3 of the weekend classes to achieve.
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 am

blissfulbalance wrote:Thanks! I read something to that effect on his website....after 96 hours you can use the "Certified in the Manzaneres Method" title. That takes 3 of the weekend classes to achieve.

Huh. Not sure I'd have the time or finances to do a 96 hour CE program unless I was really passionate about it. Last year I did 250 hours in Clinical Aromatherapy and it kicked my butt! :lol:
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Re: Manzanares Method of Reflexology

Postby linda on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:11 pm

HI everyone,
noticing the comments on the work and research of Dr. Jesus Manzanares, MD.
You've got the go-to-gal with answers to your questions.
I am the Educ Director and office for Dr. M's classes and U.S. liasion.

I met this incredible man in 2002 in Jersey at a workshop and after 15 yrs in reflexology, I was finally hearing answers to my questions about the truth behind reflexology. I have trained in his method since 2002 - and each time I sit with him, I am still amazed as the first time to be learning reflexology from an integrative medicine doctor. And of course I will NEVER know what he knows from 30 yrs. research. I can tell you that I have a waiting list of 2 months in my pain management practice largely due to this man's influence on my reflexology.

I began organizing classes for him to teach in the U.S. in 2008. This medical-based education for reflexologists is not available anywhere in the U.S. because no one has done what he has. The only man on the planet, I like to say, that has biopsied the foot tissue to tell us exactly what is under our fingers, and how to understand the physiological implications of this.....(his deposit biopsy research can be seen on his website, www.ManzanaresMethod.com)

His travel to the U.S is a labor of love, leaving his medical practice, family and teaching in Spain. All I can say to reflexologists is that those who aspire to learn the answers to reflexology never before revealed, this is the education. Research of 30 years in European hospitals, 70,000 clinical cases documented and foot maps he developed from anatomical science, EEGs, etc. is a notch above traditional reflexology in America.

This course is not for those who dabble in reflexology or have a part-time hobby, not for the meek or the practitioner who is satisfied with theory and notions of how and why reflexology works. Your instructor is an MD/doctor of homeopathy/clinical reflexologist/scientist/researcher. It is not possible to learn in a weekend what you were never taught in reflexology schools - clinical protocols of how long, how frequent, what presssure and for what disorders (the same he uses on his patients). This is THE most important education, investment of time, money and my livelihood that is available to me as a professional reflexologist moving into the future of our profession and integrative reflexology in healthcare.

Where can you get a medical based education in reflexology sitting beside a physician touching your feet in the same way he treats his patients and children with ADHD, etc. Learning his research on the brain structures in one weekend will alter your client results. Were you aware that his research has updated the Fitzgerald theory of cross-lateralization? Why do you care? Because you only have a portion of what you should know about the science of reflexology.

In 2012, Dr. Manzanares will only be teaching in two venues - Boston and Chicago. Can you afford to miss the greatest education since probably those 'back in the day' felt about learning from Eunice. She and many pioneers lay the foundation for today's research that is and should be changing the knowledge base of reflexology as we know it. True pioneers that reveal the next stage often appear once in a generation. How many have you had the honor to learn from personally?

"The reflexologist of the future will impact lives in proportion to the knowledge they have gained about the human body, about pain, stress and how to offer a non-drug approach to wellness vs. treating illness". - Linda Chollar

http://www.ManzanaresMethod.com
Email: [email protected]
Linda, The Reflexology Mentor
Business Success Coach/Educator

Helping Holistic Entrepreneurs Thrive in Business
1-1 Coaching by phone, Teleclasses/Webinars
Get CE Credits online/NCBTMB/ARCB Approved
http://www.ReflexologyMentor.com
linda
Fresh Hands

Postby blissfulbalance on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 am

Thanks Linda, I have researched Dr. Manzanares' method on his website and as I said, it is extremely intriguing. I am seriously considering his Chicago class in September. Since he seems to be offering less U.S. courses, I am wondering if he will soon bow out of teaching here in the States. Then, we would be unable to continue expanding upon our knowledge base of his work. That might be frustrating.

I appreciate your thoughtful response!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby MarionFM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:39 am

I read something to that effect on his website....after 96 hours you can use the "Certified in the Manzaneres Method" title. That takes 3 of the weekend classes to achieve.

In fact, according to the Manzaneres website, it takes 6 weekend seminars to reach the 96 hour goal for certification.
MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby blissfulbalance on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:23 am

Whoops! I better slow down when reading these things. I think I get excited to take it all in and gloss over the important details. Sorry, I will be more careful next time I spew forth incorrect info.... :oops:
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby MarionFM on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:53 am

That's OK, we all do that. :grin: I just would not want someone thinking they could spend less than it would take! To take all 6 courses is a fairly hefty investment.

I like Reflexology and the Manzanares Method seems interesting but my passion is Myofascial Release and I would generally prefer to put my money into that.

Perhaps if there were some videos on You tube as a little taster or trial, it might help.
MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby blissfulbalance on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 am

Marion FM, you are so right about the hefty investment in the Manzanares Method. Also, I think we do tend to invest in where our passion lies. I am torn between several passions right now and don't know which way to turn. If only money and time were endless!!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby reflexinstructor on Wed May 29, 2013 7:16 am

Hello everyone,
I am new to the group. My name is Gaia Tossing. I am both a Certified Reflexologist and Licensed Massage Therapist in practice since 1982. I just took the Manzanares seminar in Chicago and was quite impressed. I have been teaching reflexology for the last few years at massage school and this class blew me out of the water. I highly recommend it. I also have a big announcement to make. I decided to open my own reflexology school in Nashville, TN. Our state is rare, in that we legislation protecting reflexology as a separate health profession. Been working on getting the school authorized and we are finally official as of April 25, 2013. If you will, please add Nashville Academy of Reflexology to your radar. Visit our web site and facebook page www.nashvilleacademyofreflexology.com if you would like to explore what we are doing. I am pleased to be a part of this forum.
Warmly,
Gaia
reflexinstructor
Fresh Hands

Return to Reflexology Education/Legislation