is Bellanina Facelift Massage recession friendly?

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

is Bellanina Facelift Massage recession friendly?

Postby blissfulbalance on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:38 am

I have been wanting to learn the Bellanina technique, but have put it on the back burner for a long time. Are those of you who practice this finding a slump in business due to the rising costs of gas, living, etc.? Do you think it is still worthwhile to pursue learning this right now?

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby stonegirl on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:59 pm

I have a friend who works at the spa where this technique originated. She said clients rave about it all the time, they love it! Sounds like they aren't having any problems with this technique in our current economy...
stonegirl

Postby blissfulbalance on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 am

hmmm, sounds like it could be related to venue and since I am a one woman show, it could be a different story than in a spa with a large clientele. I suppose it could also be location specific as far as the financial demographics in a given area.

Lots to ponder. Thanks for your help.
Denise
blissfulbalance
Registered Member

Postby Zoe on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:50 am

I've been wanting to learn the Bellanina technique for several years now. I'm also a one woman show and have been wondering how recession proof it is as well. I've been wanting to take the three day workshop in NC but I'm not certain whether it is cost effective in the current economy.
Zoe
Registered Member

Re: is Bellanina Facelift Massage recession friendly?

Postby pear2apple on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:09 pm

I know this is old, but I've been considering learning this technique within the next year. An instructor at my school is about to be certified to teach the Bellanina Facelift Massage. I looked it up, about $400 to learn this, but would it be worth it?

I work at a salon, the only MT here, and its been slow going but not that I haven't been looking and trying for more clients. My boss keeps asking me to do facials, which I know I can't, then I find out she's been getting this Facelift Massage, thinking it was just a regular facial from another MT. So now, I'm considering doing this. But are people really into this now? I hear it feels amazing, but have never had it done yet.
Licensed Massage Therapist at Fringe by Carrie Salon Studio
www.facebook.com/fringebycarrie
www.fringebycarrie.com Toledo, OH 43614
http://www.etsy.com/people/PearsPalette
pear2apple
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:33 am

pear2apple wrote: My boss keeps asking me to do facials, which I know I can't, then I find out she's been getting this Facelift Massage, thinking it was just a regular facial from another MT. So now, I'm considering doing this. But are people really into this now? I hear it feels amazing, but have never had it done yet.

Just a thought, since I don't know anything specific about this particular massage work. Have you considered getting one from the therapist you boss is going to, to see what you think about it? It may be easier to make a decision, if you have an hands on application.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby pear2apple on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:52 am

hahaha Good idea :)
Licensed Massage Therapist at Fringe by Carrie Salon Studio
www.facebook.com/fringebycarrie
www.fringebycarrie.com Toledo, OH 43614
http://www.etsy.com/people/PearsPalette
pear2apple
Registered Member

Return to Spa Techniques