Need ideas for spa treatments within limitations.

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

GreenDragonfly

Re: Need ideas for spa treatments within limitations.

Post by GreenDragonfly » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:24 pm

**Bumping** up this thread to see if there are any new thoughts/ideas to add to this topic.
Laughter is the best medicine :) It's good for the soul and great for the abs!

Mia

Post by Mia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:41 am

Foot wraps
Dry brushing
reflexology
muscle point trigger massage (neuromuscular massage)
aeromatic therapy
facial steam therapy
paraffin to hands, feets
Fijan (other names too) massage with feet

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:22 am

MichelleTX wrote:I'm looking for some spa treatments to add to the menu. (I'm currently just offering Swedish massage)  I need to work within the limitations of:

a) no shower and

b) only cold running water, which is located in the only public restroom.  (The owner informs me that it would've been several thousand dollars extra to install hot water and it wasn't a priority when they opened)

Most of the salt scrub and other treatments that I'm interested in trying don't seem very feasible, since we don't have a shower available for the clients to use afterwards.

Several clients have asked about hot stone massage, which I haven't done but am willing to learn.  However, I don't feel the stones would be very sanitary after having been washed in cold water.  I'm not going to put something on someone's body that I wouldn't want on my own body.  I'm also not willing to cart a heavy pile of stones home each time to wash properly in my kitchen sink.

Any creative suggestions?
I know this is a very old thread, and I didn't go back to read through all of it to see if someone already added the title of this book. I was reading on another forum today, saw the mention of "Keep It Simple Spa: Showerless Body Spa Treatments And Add-on's For Your Session Room", and recalled this old thread. I am adding it here, in case it is useful for someone new (or old) who stumbles on this thread. I have not seen or read the book.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:30 pm

I got this information from another therapist today:
Felicia Brown, LMBT wrote:"My favorite product is a body polish with jojoba beads that dissolve while the gel evaporates. You can literally just brush it off the skin before you move on to your next step.

It is called "Rejuvenating Body Polish" from Vitelle Labs (http://vitellelab.com/), a company which does private label mainly and works mainly with spas. Unfortunately, they have a minimum order of $250 every order. I used to carry/label it myself, but do not do so any longer."
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Return to “Spa Techniques”