It Works Body Wraps

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

It Works Body Wraps

Postby Amberlynnmassage on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:11 am

A girl I went to high school started doing these wraps from a new company called It Works. They specialize in body wraps that will take inches off, and then supplements. Has anyone ever heard of them or any experience with them. the website is http://www.itworks.net. I'm trying to get a local rep to come demo and talk to me about how to possibily add these to my massage practice. I seem to do more relaxation, and spa type treatments than medical. So i thought it could be a good addition and extra money. I'm not 100% shoot i'm not even 5% sure if i'm gonna do it. Just a thought that i would see if anyone has any thoughts on.
Amberlynnmassage
Fresh Hands

Re: It Works Body Wraps

Postby moogie on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm not familiar with that particular product, but ANY wraps that claim to take inches off are BS. There is no product in the world that you can apply to the body (wrapped or not) that will remove fat, physiologically it's impossible.

Some of the wraps that claim to take off inches do so by tightly wrapping the body in compression bandages, then having the person sweat. Between the temporary water loss and the compression of the skin, it "appears" like you have lost inches. However, once you drink some water and give the skin a little bit of time to bounce back (an hour or so) you are back to where you began.

Angie
moogie
Site Admin

Postby Taoist on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Quoting from the website under the "Chin and Neck" and "Ultimate Body Applicator" products, respectively:
Makes skin appear tighter and smoother for the appearance of a youthful chin contour. Skin looks and feels softer, smoother and revitalized. Continuously hydrates for fresher, more luminous skin and a younger-looking you.

Expect "ultimate" results with this amazing 45-minute body Applicator! The Ultimate Body Applicator is a non-woven cloth wrap that has been infused with a powerful, botanically-based formula to deliver maximum tightening, toning, and firming results when applied to the skin.

It continuously hydrates for firmer, smoother, more youthful-looking skin and reduces the appearance of cellulite and skin slackening. See results in 45 minutes.

The wraps look more like an overall skin-care regimen along with a system of supplements and workout DVDs all put together for weight loss. I would be interested to hear non-sponsored testimonials.
"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."
Lao Tzu

Taoist
Registered Member

Postby cosmictouch on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:30 pm

I had contacted a rep about this myself last year. I requested and received some samples to try myself. I followed the instructions EXACTLY and even though I had cellulite and extra inches in the areas I used them on, I experienced NO loss whatsoever. I decided against having such a product in my practice that was so 'iffy' with results and so 'hyped up' in the marketing. Just my experience.

Angela
cosmictouch
Registered Member

Postby squash_blsm on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:32 am

I feel it is all BS too.
I worked at one spa that offered the "Set-n-me-Free" wraps.
Not once did I ever see any inch loss or cellulite improvement.

The vendors all claim that you will make tons of money offering these wraps and will sell hundreds of series packages.

Meh.

Not from what I've seen. More like taking advantage of women who are overweight and are willing to try anything.

This is a labor intensive, product cost intensive treatment. I remain skeptical. :smt120
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404
squash_blsm

Postby tranquilspirit2006 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:43 pm

We offer several wraps at our place, but I always emphasize to them that any changes are temporary and water only. Clay products can firm up up the skin *temporarily* and make it appear smoother but again, the key word is 'temporary'. Even the big ads on tv (Olay, Revlon etc) always say 'Reduces the *appearance* of'. Not actual reduction or elimination. I tell my clients that any wrap that promises big results or major changes is false advertising.

If only it were that easy...
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know."
tranquilspirit2006
Registered Member

Postby Taoist on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:13 pm

tranquilspirit2006 wrote:We offer several wraps at our place, but I always emphasize to them that any changes are temporary and water only. Clay products can firm up up the skin *temporarily* and make it appear smoother but again, the key word is 'temporary'. Even the big ads on tv (Olay, Revlon etc) always say 'Reduces the *appearance* of'. Not actual reduction or elimination. I tell my clients that any wrap that promises big results or major changes is false advertising.

Well, that's the money in it, right? You have to keep returning & having it done on a regular basis to keep up those "appearances."
"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."
Lao Tzu

Taoist
Registered Member

Postby tranquilspirit2006 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Taoist wrote:
tranquilspirit2006 wrote:We offer several wraps at our place, but I always emphasize to them that any changes are temporary and water only. Clay products can firm up up the skin *temporarily* and make it appear smoother but again, the key word is 'temporary'. Even the big ads on tv (Olay, Revlon etc) always say 'Reduces the *appearance* of'. Not actual reduction or elimination. I tell my clients that any wrap that promises big results or major changes is false advertising.

Well, that's the money in it, right? You have to keep returning & having it done on a regular basis to keep up those "appearances."

Actually, few people do it regularly (maybe cause we're honest...? lol). The most frequent are brides, people going on cruises or vacations to warm areas, and surprisingly, a lot of AF guys who are getting ready for their PT tests! The guys must be happy with the results and referring others because we've done more wraps on guys in the past 6 months than I've done in 5 years! These people aren't looking for permanent solutions, just a quick fix to look good in a bathing suit or to pass the PT test.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know."
tranquilspirit2006
Registered Member

Return to Spa Techniques