Question about cruises and resorts...

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

Question about cruises and resorts...

Postby Mlewis904 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:27 pm

I know that if you are licensed massage therapist you are able to go on cruises, but what about resorts around the world, and especially islands? Would they hire a US citizen to do massage in the spa? Just curious! If so, how hard would it be to get one of those jobs?
Mlewis904
Fresh Hands

Re: Question about cruises and resorts...

Postby pueppi on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 am

I don't know anything about getting a job at a resort, or how to find them easily, but I did a google search for "island resort massage job" and found the following options that may get you started.

In the Maldives, there is a spa that may be looking:

I located a site called careerjet, and will add it to our job finder thread if it is not already there. It seems that you could use this line of thinking when searching for a job in the "Employment Finders"by typing in "massage island" or "massage resort" to see what pops up.

And, one other spa I found looking... but just for a two month stint, and I'd be a little careful about it, I have a friend who grew up in Malaysia (caucasion) and I have a Malaysian client; from what I understand, you just have to be careful if you don't know the areas. As with anything, you have to know where you are going, or you may not make it back.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Spa Techniques