Questions for Belavi facelift practitioners

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

jujubean
Registered Member

Questions for Belavi facelift practitioners

Post by jujubean » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:57 am

Hi, I read through all the old threads (I think), and I had a couple questions. I'm thinking about doing the homestudy coarse (I can't afford $800), and I can go to the seminar later this year.

So, from anyone who did the homestudy coarse (actually, I think it's the same kit you get when you do the seminar):
What did you have to spend, and on what, to actually start on paying clients? In other words, did your kit come with enough for your practice sessions, and enough to do some clients as well before needing more products?

As far as marketing materials, does the kit come with anything you can use to start marketing this service (lol, besides word of mouth)?

Did anyone get the Belavi brochures? How much are they? (no prices shown on the website)

How much do you charge for a session, and how long is a session?

If you sell the Belavi products, how does that work? Do you just order what people ask for and have it shipped straight to them? The reason I ask is because I don't think I could display and sell the products where I work (nor do I want to invest that much), but I'm sure I could order specific products and either they could pick it up where I work, or I could have it mailed to them.

And I'm guessing you at some point get access to purchase items at wholesale cost, cause the website doesn't list any of the wholesale pricing on their 'wholesale only' items.

If you did the homestudy coarse, how long did it take to get through it and get your certificate? Did you feel competent without the hands on instruction?

I'm really excited! Please tell me anything else that might be nice to know, thanks!

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:23 pm

The kit comes with everything you need to start on clients. I think you practice on 8 people with the homestudy kit. If you take the seminar you practice on 4 people. I took the class in October 2005, and I do anywhere from 2-5 Belavi treatments each week. I did take two weeks off for Christmas. I am ready to purchase the eye cream, but as for everything else I am have more than half the product left. The product goes a long way.

The kit comes with the Belavi logo which you can use to make your own flyers. There are also sample ads and lots of other info. included.

I did not purchase their brochures, I have brochures, and I just made a flyer to insert until I reprint.

The Belavi session I do includes an herbal foot bath and then the complete Belavi Facelift Massage the way it is taught on the video and in class. It is a 90 minute session and I charge $75.00. I run a flyer from time to time but most of my business comes from word of mouth.

I really enjoy the Belavi and believe it is the best class I have taken to this point. Very worth the money for me. I hope this helps.

Let us know what you decide to do.

LeContefairy

jujubean
Registered Member

Post by jujubean » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:46 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm ordering the kit this weekend, and I can't wait to get started!

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:58 pm

I am excited for you! I hope you enjoy this treatment as much as my clients and I do! Good luck, let us know if we can help!

LeContefairy

SalemRose
Registered Member

Post by SalemRose » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:20 am

We just waiting for our statement from the bank and then we're off to H&R Block to do our taxes. So I'll be ordering my home kit very soon! :D

Steph!
~If wishes were fishes, we'd have some to fry!~

SalemRose
Registered Member

Post by SalemRose » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:37 pm

I DID IT! I just oredered my homestudy kit online! I'm sure I won't have any problems finding people to practice on!

Steph!

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:41 pm

Yipee!!! Keep us posted!

LeContefairy

SalemRose
Registered Member

Post by SalemRose » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:09 pm

lecontefairy wrote:Yipee!!! Keep us posted!
Thanks! I'm so excited. It seems that 2006 is a mover and a shaker! So many people posting about changes that have already taken place this year! Moving from bad situations to better ones and making improvements to their skills/practice!

Jujubean, have you got your kit yet???

Steph!

jujubean
Registered Member

Post by jujubean » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:41 am

I haven't recieved mine yet, but I just checked the tracking and it should be here today. It's Friday morn, I ordered Sat eve, call it Monday morn, so thats pretty fast!

jujubean
Registered Member

I got it!

Post by jujubean » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:43 am

Got my kit yesterday, woo-hoo- lol. The eye makeup remover is back-ordered, and it didn't come with the facial exercise video. I emailed and they said I should be getting the eye stuff anytime now, and they are no longer sending out the exercise video. Apparently it's too out-dated and they are making a new one which will be added to the end of the instructional DVD which is coming out soon. They said they would send me the DVD when it comes out.

Not too big of a deal, still have everything I need, just would be nice if they'd update their website with the info about the facial exercise tape, since your still being charged the same. Oh well. Can't wait to get started!

SalemRose
Registered Member

Re: I got it!

Post by SalemRose » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:30 pm

jujubean wrote:...and they are no longer sending out the exercise video. Apparently it's too out-dated and they are making a new one which will be added to the end of the instructional DVD which is coming out soon. They said they would send me the DVD when it comes out.

Not too big of a deal, still have everything I need, just would be nice if they'd update their website with the info about the facial exercise tape, since your still being charged the same. Oh well. Can't wait to get started!
Well it may not be the end of the world but it's pretty important! LOL I should be getting mine some time in the coming week. So we'll see if I get everything or not. I wonder when the DVD will be done....I hope soon, I already have volunteers! Before long they'll be knocking down my door!

Steph!

melb
Registered Member

Re: I got it!

Post by melb » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:05 pm

jujubean wrote:Got my kit yesterday, >>>>> it didn't come with the facial exercise video. >>>>>> Apparently it's too out-dated and they are making a new one which will be added to the end of the instructional DVD which is coming out soon.
That seems odd to me, I may have totally misunderstood the web site, but I thought the facial exercise stuff was directed at the client (they could get the video and have it at home to do the exercises) but Belavi are putting it on the instructional DVD? Or are you meant to use it to teach the client the exercises? Or maybe they will have the exercise DVD/video available to sell to clients without the instructional part?

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:12 pm

Melb,

You are correct. When I took the class the instructional video could be used by the client, as practioner you could sell the video's (which I did not do, I haven't even looked at my video yet) I did not know they were switching. I agree with the others, it should be marked to let you know a DVD is on the way and there is no longer an instructional video available.

LeContefairy

SalemRose
Registered Member

Post by SalemRose » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:10 pm

Hey Gang,
I got my kit this afternoon! I had to wait until the kids were in bed to really get into it. It didn't come with the eye makeup remover, it's on backorder. I did get the instructional video and at the end there were some exercises for the client to do. Is that what was left out of your kit jujubean?

I have to say my first thoughts were, oh my this is way more facailish than massagish. But I've watched the video and I am excited to get going! I don't know what to tackle first. There is a lot to read. How are you getting along jujubean? Okay, it's super late and I must go to bed! Talk atcha'll later!

Steph!

mdbalek
Fresh Hands

Post by mdbalek » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:38 am

Regarding the 8 practice facelift massages that you need to do, is there a time limit? Is it only one massage per person or a series of massages? I'm considering signing up for a seminar. The more I read about Belavi massage, the more excited I get about doing it.

SalemRose
Registered Member

Post by SalemRose » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:01 am

mdbalek wrote:Regarding the 8 practice facelift massages that you need to do, is there a time limit? Is it only one massage per person or a series of massages? I'm considering signing up for a seminar. The more I read about Belavi massage, the more excited I get about doing it.
If you take the seminar you do 4 practice logs. I believe you have 30 days from the last day of the seminar to do the logs, take the test, and send it in. If you do the homestudy you have 90 days from the day you recieve your kit. You may use 4(8 for the homestudy) different people or do multiple treatments on one or a few people.

I am gonna ask one of my practice clients (my mother in law) to be my before and after. That way I have someone to practice on and a before and after model all in one!

Pamrose
Fresh Hands

Belvai products

Post by Pamrose » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:29 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the Belavi seminar. I'm concerned that $435 of the $835 fee is for the Professional starter kit. It gives the impression that the main focus is on selling product.

I work full-time at an office job so would only be available to do a couple of sessions a week on average. Would that be practical? Would the type of client interested in this want to come to my modest home office?

Do I need to purchase a towel warmer and something for the foot bath?

Anyone been using Belavi for a while that could give some thoughts on this?

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas!

Pam

SalemRose
Registered Member

Re: Belvai products

Post by SalemRose » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:03 pm

Pamrose wrote:Hi, I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the Belavi seminar. I'm concerned that $435 of the $835 fee is for the Professional starter kit. It gives the impression that the main focus is on selling product.
Hi Pam, as you've read I am only just doing my homestudy now. I'm not going to be focusing on selling product. I just don't want to mess with it. I believe clients can buy the products from the belavi website. You could just direct them to the right place.

I may change my mind but right now I just want to focus on learning everything and perfecting my execution.

Steph!

SalemRose
Registered Member

Post by SalemRose » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:31 am

I was looking through all the belavi products that came with my kit and I was wondering......do you (Belavi Facelift MTs) use these products at home? If so what do you use and what do you think of it? I'm gonna use some on myself because if someone asks me what I think of it I can tell them. And plus it all looks and smells very nice!

Steph!

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:08 pm

I use the cleanser, moisturizer and the skin lightner. Before taking the class I washed my face with soap. I love the products for myself. I also use the night renewal creme and I have seen a big difference in my skin.

During a seminar a small portion is on the products like maybe one hour or so. The bulk of the seminar is the facelift massage itself.

You could use a crock pot for heating towels, a hot towel cabinet is not necessary. As for the foot bowl, I use a large crock that I bought from a local hardware store. I have been to places where they use a plastic plantar like you would get from Lowes.

Pam, do you have clients coming to your home office now?

LeContefairy

SalemRose
Registered Member

Post by SalemRose » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:17 am

lecontefairy wrote:I use the cleanser, moisturizer and the skin lightner. Before taking the class I washed my face with soap. I love the products for myself. I also use the night renewal creme and I have seen a big difference in my skin.
Thanks, I tried the products that I got in the little travel gift bag. I like them. My face feels really soft and smooth after I use them. While I've been reading my manual I came to the realization that I do not take good care of my face! And that's not gonna help me get clients! So I'm waiting for my favorite spa to open this morning so I can make an appointment to get a facial. Also, I need to find an esthetician I can refer clients to if need be. So I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone!

So I have a couple more questions....teehee! What is your setup? What kind of magnifying lamp or glasses do you have. Where did you get it? Also, how many sets of things to you have? What did you feel you needed to have on hand to handle more than one client in a day?

I'm trying to get a feel of what more I'm gonna need to purchase when I start to offer this. I don't want to turn people away because I don't have sufficient supplies!

Steph!

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:56 pm

I glad you are excited about the FLM. I have enough supplies to do three clients in a day before I need to wash anything. I use a lazy susan from Wal Mart and put the products on it in the order I will be using them, (learned from the seminar, not my own idea), I also go ahead and use the small spatulas and "load" them with the product I need at the end, eye cream, moisturizer and lip balm all in the correct order and lay that out so it is ready and I don't have to fumble with containers in the middle of the flm. I also bought a "HOT SHot" that will heat my water so I do not have to get up in the middle of the flm to get fresh warm water. I turn the hot shot on and let it heat up before the client arrives, that way the water is not too hot by the time I need it. I use an ice bucket for the cold towel and just sit it at my feet. My husband modified a kitchen caddy for me, made the wood top larger and cut the metal frame and lowered the whole thing to be a perfect height for me when I am sitting, it is on rollers so I can just roll it to the side when not in use. I hope this helps. Oh, yeah, you will probably not need or use the glasses or magniying lens unless you are an estitician. (I never do spell that correctly). I did not want to give my clients the impression I knew about skin problems that is not within my scope of practice. The intake form my clients fill out is a modified version of what comes in the manual. I listed the contraindications on the form for the client to check if they have it, that way I know immediatly and did not have to worry about looking it up every time. I also listed the four treatment goals on the intake form and posed it as a question as to what did they want from their treatment today. It is a good way to help them know what to expect from one treatment or a series of treatments.

LeContefairy

SalemRose
Registered Member

Post by SalemRose » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:44 pm

LeContefairy, thanks for all the info. I knew that I would have to buy things aside from the homestudy course but I feel like I need to get a ton of stuff! Then I flip through the catalogs I have on hand and I think "holy shnikes!" But I'm gonna take my time to get everything I need. It's not like I have to start offering this tomorrow. Thanks for the tips and ideas! I wish I would have been able to go to the seminar. That's were you get all that great info! But I just couldn't swing it, no biggie though.

I thought about getting a pair of the magnifying glasses they sell at the drugstore.....the ones they say NOT to get in the video. LOL I start my practicals this week so I'll see how it goes. I don't even have a cart yet! But I can make due. It will really help me see what it is that I must have. The lazy susan is a great idea!

Thanks again,
Steph!

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:52 pm

I hope I did not overwhelm you. A cart is not a must, how about a tv tray with a pretty cloth over it, you can put your sponges, brushes, spatulas and bobby pins in a tote and stuff it under the tray. I paid 5.00 dollars for a tv tray that I used to use. Also, you have enough stuff in the packet to get started, it may mean washing your brushes and using different towels for your second and third Belavi of the day. Check around for the sterilization tray, New Life Systems is where I purchased mine and I use Marvacide with it. You can offer this treatment and be frugal at the same time with a little planning.

LeContefairy

SalemRose
Registered Member

Post by SalemRose » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:56 pm

lecontefairy wrote:I hope I did not overwhelm you.
No, you didn't. I just got my kit about a week ago. I have 90 days from the day I recieved it to send it in. I've already done my T/F and multiple choice portions of the test. Now I need to do my 8 practice logs and the essay portion (no idea what to write for that!!! but I'm working on it!) of the test. I'm taking my time to get this done. That way I'll also have time to get everything that I feel I need. I start my practice logs this week so I'll be starting with just what I recieved in my kit. From there (with your helpful tips, ideas, and input...thank you!) I'll be able to see what I'll need and get everything as I go along.

I've been looking at MW, Day Spa Solutions, and New Life Systems for my supplies. Do you use the facial gowns? When I got my facial the other day they just had me take everything but my undies off and laydown under the sheets. I think I'll stick with this. It's not like my clients will have to get up and walk around. So I'll save a little there. Of course, when you start to offer something new it's nice to have all the bells and whistles but I've quickly gotten over that way of thinking.

Thanks again,
Steph!

Return to “Spa Techniques”