Chocolate Massage

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

BGibbsLMT
Fresh Hands

Chocolate Massage

Post by BGibbsLMT » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:36 am

Can anyone recommend a good chocolate massage creme, oil or lotion or a recipe for one. Thanks
Bill

RelaxandRejuvenate
Registered Member

Check with Fresh.com

Post by RelaxandRejuvenate » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:23 am

Their orange-chocolate shea butter is out of this world!

mimi_lmt
Registered Member

Re: Check with Fresh.com

Post by mimi_lmt » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:48 am

RelaxandRejuvenate wrote:Their orange-chocolate shea butter is out of this world!
Who is "their?"
"The physician must be experienced in many things, but most assuredly in rubbing. For rubbing can bind a joint that is too loose, and loosen a joint that is too rigid." -Hippocrates

Cascadia
Fresh Hands

Post by Cascadia » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:38 pm

I think it is made by Fresh. I'm a big fan of most of their stuff, although it is pricey. But, I've had a little container of the orange chocolate shea butter for over two years and there is still a lot left. And it does smell delicious.

DoLLz
Registered Member

Post by DoLLz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:03 pm

Another thing you can do is make a cocoa butter massage cream. Regular cocoa butter smells like chocolate. But since cocoa butter is quite hard, you'd have to melt it down and mix some oils with it to soften it up.

Bodymovers
Registered Member

Post by Bodymovers » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:42 pm

http://www.sweetcakes.com/default.php?c ... 1a&&page=4

I ordered the chocolate and cappucinno scented oils & added them to massage oil. A little goes a LONG way, but it smells decadent! Oops, I ordered choc chip cookie scent....The oils are meant for soapmaking, so theyre safe for the skin. They are not essential oils, though, just scented. Decent prices, too!

DoLLz
Registered Member

Post by DoLLz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:54 pm

soapsafe fragrance oils are not necessarily always safe to be used in other applications such as oils and lotions. In soap, the FO will not stay on your skin since your skin will be rinsed off. With lotion and oil, you don't rinse off. i have sensitive skin, so everything effects me, but other people that make bath and body products have not had a problem with allergic reactions. So, you may want to make sure it is lotionsafe also.

dodab
Registered Member

Post by dodab » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:54 am

I just ordered this a few weeks ago to try for myself. WOW! It has a really nice scent and softens the skin right up! I HIGHLY recommend this one! Enjoy!

(It's the third listing on the page.)

http://www.natural-formulations.com/Pro ... Butter.htm
"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way.
But must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

peacefulharbor
Registered Member

Post by peacefulharbor » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:26 pm

For the BEST chocolate massage oil, go to Keyano Aromatics. http://www.keyano.com

I created a Chocolate spa treatment for my salon, and I tried out lots of brands of chocolate massage oils. So many of them smelled sickly sweet...they just were not what I was looking for. So I ordered a sample of Keyano's, and WOW...it's fantastic. Others smelled more like chocolate syrup, but this one smells like DARK CHOCOLATE. Fantastic. Clients who love chocolate love this treatment!! Yum!

Shannon
Registered Member

Post by Shannon » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:25 pm

I use to use Keyano products where I use to work and the chocolate products will smell the entire place like chocolate.... so make sure you have some actual edible sweets on hand. I liked their products too.

cherpel
Fresh Hands

Post by cherpel » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:03 pm

Any updates on chocolate products? I'm looking at the natural formulations recommendation. If anyone has any other suggestions. I'd love to hear. Thanks!

cherpel
Fresh Hands

Post by cherpel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:17 pm

So, I purchased the Natural Formulations as I had an upcoming chocolate massage. When it arrived I smelled it...smelled sorta choco chocolatey. I was satisfied they were nice on the phone and I had a chocolate product to offer. I ran into a Lemongrass Spa representative that had their whipped Chocolate product. I smelled it and it smelled really good, but I said I already had purchased my body butter.
My husband had me go get the natural formulations product to do a sniff test (he has a better sense of smell than I). He sniffed the lemongrass and then the natural formulations...he said in comparison natural formulations smelled like paint...and lemongrass smelled like yummy chocolate. So that sold me, along with their products being natural and handmade. I used the whipped chocolate product for my couple's chocolate massage and it worked wonderful. I warmed it on my arm prior to applying it to them. I also got a chocolate linen spray from Zum/INdigo Wild. This was a nice touch so it was quite the chocolate event. I also had a chocolate fountain with great items to dip.

http://www.lemongrassspa.com/relaxationspot

I liked the lemongrass products so much... I signed up. Above is a link to their products. It doesn't have the chocolate listed yet, as it's seasonal...should be available soon.
Hope this helps someone!

cherpel
Fresh Hands

Post by cherpel » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:19 pm

FYI: the Chocolate Whipped Body Butter is available till the end of February from Lemongrass Spa Products

Mr. Mike
Fresh Hands

Post by Mr. Mike » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:57 am

I agree the Keyano chocolate oils and creams make the whole room smell like Chocolate, it is great! I have a little chocolate candy I hand anyway for the craving. I got mine out of the massagewarehouse catalog, but they have a website also I think.

staranise
Fresh Hands

Post by staranise » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:16 pm

Just had a look at the Keyano oil and it doesn't actually appear to have any chocolate in it, just a chocolate fragrance, which seems to defeat the object really because it can't possibly have any of the benefits which chocolate is reputed to have such as cell renewal and calming the mind. Has anyone come across a natural chocolate oil or do they simply not exist.

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks, staranise. I did some searching, and here is what I found:

Don't have personal experience with these products.

Gourmet Body Treats Chocolate Bon Bons Moisturizer
Amazing pure cocoa butter moisturizers shaped to look like chocolate bon bons and wraped in foil to look like candy. Super moisturizing and anti-aging. The perfect body moisturizer smells like chocolate only these are calorie free. Set contains 5 bon bons.

Packaged in a 100% recycled gift box.

Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter, Rosemary Extract, Organic Cocoa butter (certified organic), Cocoa Powder (certified organic), Vitamin E.

Chocolate Acai Body Sugar Cubes - Solid Sugar scrub
My Chocolate Acai scent is velvety dark chocolate heaven with raspberry, red currant and pomegranate notes of sweet Acai berry! If you are a chocolate raspberry fan you will love this!

Paraben Free and and Vegan friendly! Now with Organic Shea Butter, organic Sweet Almond Oil!

My Body Sugar Cubes smell good enough to eat and have all of the benefits of a sugar scrub without the oily mess in the tub or on your skin!
Made with fine pure cane sugar to polish and coarse Maui Turbinado sugar for a deeper scrub, and Shea butter, Grapeseed, Avocado and Vitamin E oils to make your skin super soft!

Ingredients: Sucrose, Glycerine Soap [Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Elaeis guinnesis (Palm Oil), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctoruis (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerine, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Sorbitan oleate, Soy bean protein], Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Organic Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Organic Shea Butter) Fruit, Fragrance, Triticum Vilgare (Wheat) Germ oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E ), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Essential Oil Mica, Iron Oxides.
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

- Neale Donald Walsh Conversations with God

kclark3858
Fresh Hands

Re: Chocolate Massage

Post by kclark3858 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Do clients really like chocolate massage? I would think they would prefer more of an aromatherapy massage, but I'm willing to buy if I get more clients.

dmitriys
Fresh Hands

Post by dmitriys » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 am

kclark3858 wrote:Do clients really like chocolate massage? I would think they would prefer more of an aromatherapy massage, but I'm willing to buy if I get more clients.
Tastes differ. Someone wants to be like chocolate, wrapped up in a beautiful cower and someone prefers fragrance in ecstasy of relaxation.
Work is what we do when there are no forces - Art of classical massage

cherpel
Fresh Hands

Post by cherpel » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:14 pm

I do believe clients are intrigued by Chocolate Massage. It's especially nice to offer chocolate couples massage around the Holidays or even for anniversaries.
Every one is different, obviously, my sister-in-law doesn't like to use products that smell like she would like to eat them.

On the other hand I used to live in Pa and people travelled from all over to go to the Hershey Spa, so yes, chocolate massage is of interest.
Sadly I always heard poor feedback of the therapists at the Hershey spa, under paid, under trained, but since they don't deal with repeat business no one cared.

Lemongrass Spa's Chocolate body butter was very popular with my clients. Right now they have a chocolate cake body scrub and pink champagne body butter that would be great for a Valentine's treatments. I also find the spearmint eucalyptus lotion works awesome when I mix it with coconut oil for massages, everyone LOVES that scent. I see I have the wrong link in an old post, http://www.OurLemongrassSpa.com/RelaxationSpot

Return to “Spa Techniques”