Is Massage Therapy considered Healing Arts under FL laws?

Discussion of topics relating to Continuing Education.

Moderator: moogie

nefertiti67
Fresh Hands

Is Massage Therapy considered Healing Arts under FL laws?

Post by nefertiti67 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 am

I would like to continue my education and get a certification to be a certified hypnotist. I would like to know if being a massage therapist, I'm allowed to practice that.In Florida laws it states that the only who can practice hypnosis are professionals who practice what are considered the healing arts. I would like to know if massage therapy falls under this category.

The healing arts according to FL law are:
Medicine
Surgery
Psychiatry
Dentistry
Podiatry
Social work
Mental Health
Marriage and family therapy

pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Is Massage Therapy considered Healing Arts under FL laws

Post by pueppi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 pm

I've been watching this thread for a while now, and it seems that no one has an answer for you.

The list you provided seems to indicate that massage therapy is *not* part of the "Healing Arts" in Florida. If you got the list from the government website, I'd suggest contacting them and asking directly.

When you find out, please come back and let everyone know. You can't be the only person who has had this question. You'll help make our forum better with your participation! :smt006
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Return to “CEU's”