Trivia anatomy question... (mnemonics)

A place for students to post their questions and concerns.

Moderator: squash_blsm

HUBUM
Fresh Hands

Trivia anatomy question... (mnemonics)

Post by HUBUM » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:04 am

Our class has become quite good at coming up with rymes, word associations and even songs to help us learn anatomy. I'll have to make a list and post them someday (right now I'm to busy studying)!

Here's a little anatomy trivia question:

Breakfast at 7, Lunch at 12 and Dinner at 5 refers to what anotomical structure?

Winner gets a free massage upon my graduation, (tip not included).

Jeff
Youth has no age - Picasso

Texas-gal

Re: Trivia anatomy question...

Post by Texas-gal » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:12 am

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!  I feel like "Horshack" from Welcome Back Kotter... *hehe*<br><br>Spine (vertebrae).  7 cervical, 12 thoracic, 5 lumbar... breakfast, lunch, dinner... top, middle bottom.  (Just wondering where the sacrum and coccyx are in all of this.... or... maybe I am totally wrong!)<br><br>hehehe.... I've never actually done very well at riddles.... I think I impressed myself!  <br><br>

HUBUM
Fresh Hands

Post by HUBUM » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:19 am

Texas-gal,<br><br>Your totally right! (Not bad for a Sweat Hog)!<br><br>Jeff

greatkat2
Registered Member

Post by greatkat2 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:14 pm

Ok, so these are a little dirty, so beware, but this helped us a lot.<br>What does this refer to..<br>Loose Lucy, Sexy Sally, Having Such Big Knockers, Plenty of Sex and Good Loving<br>(hint:has to do with TCM)<br>
What if the hokie pokie IS what its all about?

nybor7
Registered Member

Post by nybor7 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:31 pm

Ok, I'll play.<br><br>What are Peggy go go quickly?<br><br>What are Please Leave Great Big Marks?<br><br>On Old Olympic Towering Tops A Finn And German Viewed Some Hops??<br><br>Robyn
r e l a x - South Carolina

palpable
Registered Member

Post by palpable » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:38 pm

Oh great!!! I know an answer. *patting my own back* :)<br><br>"Peggy, go go quickly."= Piriformis, Gamellus Superior, Obturator Internus, Gamellus Inferior, Obturator Externus, and Quadratus Femoris<br><br>"On Old Olympic Towering Tops A Finn And German Viewed Some Hops?"<br>I know this as:  On Old Olympus Towering Top A Fomous Vocal German Viewed Some Hops.<br>This is for the Cranial Nerves:<br>Olfactory<br>Optic<br>Oculomotor<br>Trochlear<br>Trigeminal<br>Abducens<br>Facial<br>Vestibulocochlear<br>Glossophryngeal<br>Vagus<br>Spinal Accessory<br>Hypoglossal<br><br>Here is one- it is a little on the racey side:<br><br>Some Lovers Try Positions That They Can't Handle
Move on as quickly as you can to people who get you and what you do. -Robert Chute

Samantha
Registered Member

Post by Samantha » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:58 pm

On Old Olympic Towering Tops A Finn And German Viewed Some Hops
<br>I know this one! It's the 12 cranial nerves (Olfactory, Optic, Oculomotor, Trochlear, Trigeminal, Abducens, Facial, vestibulocochlear [used to be called something else that starts with/an A], Glossopharyngeal, vagus, Accessory, Hypoglossal) ;D<br><br>I have three different text books which lists the above as the names of the 12 cranial nerves. I'm sure some sources may have different names. We learned the rhyme or song the same way as Nybor7 did except the last part which we learned as ". . .a Fin and German viewed a hawk."<br><br>Nybor7, I haven't figured out the answers to your other two rhymes (riddles), yet.  :-/<br><br>I'll be watching to see if someone else knows them.<br><br>Greatkat, I do know the answer to your unrepeatable limerick. It's representative of the 12 main meridians and their proper order. ;)<br>

Texas-gal

Post by Texas-gal » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:44 am

Some Lovers Try Positions That They Can't Handle
<br><br>I learned this as "Send Larry, Tommy and Paul To The Cat House".<br><br><br>I am going to wait and let someone else play.  More fun for us all!  :)<br><br>

Samantha
Registered Member

Post by Samantha » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:14 am

Aaah, I wasn't the first one with the cranial nerves answer.  I see that Palpable posted the correct answer while I was still writing my post.

Alrighty then, I'll answer Palpable and Texas-gal's trivia quesion: Send Larry, Tommy and Paul To The Cat House

(Actually, that's from Texas-gal's post. Palpable's is a racy version of the same thing)

[drum roll] . . .And the answer is. . . .The carpal bones! Namely, scaphoid, lunate, triquetrium, pisiform, trapezium, trapezoid, capitate, and hamate.

(hope I was the first one with the answer this time :P)

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:34 am

What are Please Leave Great Big Marks?

On Old Olympic Towering Tops A Finn And German Viewed Some Hops??
I learned these as

Gay Men Love Big ... well, starts with a "P" (I made this one up for the class, and it kinda stuck with them, lol)

and

O, O, O, To Touch And Feel Very Good Velvet. AH...

I like hearing how others learned these!

Samantha
Registered Member

Post by Samantha » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:40 am

Okay, Stag and those others of you who already know the answer to: What are Please Leave Great Big Marks? <br><br>What is it? I haven't figured it out yet and I've been waiting to see someone else post the answer.<br>

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:27 am

We learned it as a stretch, when you abduct the leg at the hip joint, these muscles are being stretched. (I think these are right from memory, I'm at work so I don't have my anatomy book, so some may be wrong.)<br><br>(G) Gluteus Minimus<br>(M) Adductor Magnus<br>(L) Adductor Longus<br>(B) Bicep Femoris<br>(P) Pectineus<br><br>Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I feel almost stupid since graduating school a year ago.

HUBUM
Fresh Hands

Post by HUBUM » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:10 am

Boy, I would have loved to gone to your classes. This string started off with an innocent food reference and so far has ended up with...<br><br>greatkat2 - 'big knockers & plenty of sex' :o<br>nybor7 - please leave great big marks (S&M)? :-X<br>palpable - lover positions :P<br>texasgal - cat house :D<br>stagg - ....well, lets just leave it at GMLBP... ;)<br><br>Am I attending the wrong school? Are my classmates a bunch of Geeks? Can I attend your MT school reunions? (which I'm sure will be booked in Times Square, very close to me). <br><br>Truth is I'm enjoying school and you guys...who could ask for more?<br><br>Jeff<br><br>PS...I put alot of thought into the above Smileys ...

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:45 am

stagg - ....well, lets just leave it at GMLBP... ;)
That's what my teacher told me when I told the class what it could stand for,  ;). You'd have loved our class, I shared many stories about the interesting people I've met in my life, and found I have some things in common with my teacher that I really didn't need to know about. She also tried to convert me to her religion on a daily basis, and even tried to get my friend to go to church so that I would go (maybe she thought I would follow others, like a child would do?). Made for interesting debates, and interesting conversations. :D

KaiMT
Registered Member

Post by KaiMT » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:05 pm

I got it!! Yeah for me....... solved a riddle ;D<br><br>ok, greatkat2 the answer to your riddle is/are the 12 meridians pairs:<br><br>Lung/Large Intestine (loose lucy)<br>Stomach/Spleen (sexy Sally)<br>Heart/Small Intestine (Having Such)<br>Bladder/Kidney (Big Knockers)<br>Pericardium/San Jiao (Plenty Sex)<br>Gallbladder/Liver (Good Loving)<br><br>Loose Lucy's way is much more fun way to remember them<br><br>

nybor7
Registered Member

Post by nybor7 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:19 pm

Please Leave Great Big Marks........<br>drumrollllllllllllllll...............................................<br><br>Pectineus<br>Longus<br>Gracilis<br>(adductor)Brevis<br>(adductor)Magnus<br><br>They are in order of attachment on the public bone.<br><br>Robyn<br>

nybor7
Registered Member

Post by nybor7 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:21 pm

sheesh....<br><br>PUBIC BONE

nybor7
Registered Member

Post by nybor7 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:22 pm

How about Shiney Red Tomatoes and Shiney Green Tomatoes?<br><br>Robyn

nybor7
Registered Member

Post by nybor7 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:23 pm

Also,<br>SITS?<br><br>Robyn

Samantha
Registered Member

Post by Samantha » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:28 pm

SITS is easy: <br><br>Supraspinatus<br>Infraspinatus<br>Teres Minor<br>Subscapularis<br><br>These are the rotator cuff mm. <br><br>Don't know the answer to your "Shiney red tomatoes. . .", though<br>------------------------------------------------------------<br>
attachment on the public bone
<br>Robyn, that was w-a-y too funny! I see you caught your own mistake. Thanks for the laugh! hehehe ;D

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:14 pm

Please Leave Great Big Marks........

drumrollllllllllllllll...............................................

Pectineus
Longus
Gracilis
(adductor)Brevis
(adductor)Magnus

They are in order of attachment on the public bone.

Robyn
I was only off by two muscles, lmao.  ;)

greatkat2
Registered Member

Post by greatkat2 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:35 am

My school was crazy and fun! And it didn't help that they opened a bar in the same shopping center during the school year. EVeryone would go there for lunch claiming they had a really great chicken ceaser salad! Yeah Right! Our teaher threw candy at us when we got answers right and was always teaching us songs and poems that the guys revised into something dirty, that just some how seems to stick better, dont know why! On thursdays was "Funk Day" where we did our massage practice hours to that "Sounds of the Seventies" cd with tunes like Shaft, Working at the car wash, and Brick House. Thats why I always laugh when people say you cant massage to music faster than a heartbeat.<br>So heres another funny one that might be hard to figure out, but I'll give you a hint, it has to do with nerves..<br><br>Some Say Marry Money But My Brother Says Big Boobs Make Money!<br><br>And I wont even tell you the way WE learned the cranial nerves!

Gaspen
Registered Member

Post by Gaspen » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:54 am

Those would be discs although they're the strangest discs I've ever seen.<br><br>But the others - ouch! I've got a lot of learning to do.
Glad ta meetcha...I'm your handy man.
www.SpencerMassage.com

Samantha
Registered Member

Post by Samantha » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:50 am

Those would be discs although they're the strangest discs I've ever seen. <br>
<br>The disks have names? ???  H-e-l-p!<br><br>Also, I haven't seen the answer pop up yet to Robyn's "Shiney Red Tomatoes and Shiney Green Tomatoes", yet. Has anyone figured that one out?

greatkat2
Registered Member

Post by greatkat2 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:00 am

no, not discs. Its how you remember which of the cranial nerves are motor, sensory, or both, hence the words starting with S, M, and B for both. Pretty handy!

Return to “Student Forum”