!!HELP!!...massage chairs

A place for students to post their questions and concerns.

Moderator: squash_blsm

daph04
Fresh Hands

!!HELP!!...massage chairs

Post by daph04 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:07 am

I am new to massage therapy ans was wondering if everyone could advise me on a good massage chair. The one I am currently looking at is by BestMassage, it looks great and comes with a bag and all for like 64.00 holds up to 200 lbs. Help Please :undecided:

MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Re: !!HELP!!...massage chairs

Post by MarionFM » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I would not buy a chair that only holds up to 200lbs. How embarrassing to have to ask someone if they are more than 200lbs! And lots of people are. I think the best chair is the Stronglite. It has a max weight of 600lbs which gives a comfortable margin. It travels well, has wheels and is light if you need to carry it.

Here is a link to their site: http://www.stronglite.com//ergo-pro-por ... ckage.html

Best wishes!

JasonE
Moderator-S.S.S

Post by JasonE » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:30 pm

I agree with Marion. A $64 chair with a 200 lb weight limit isn't a chair that I would buy. I weigh over 200 lbs, and I'm nowhere near the size of the clients I've seen at chair massage events.

I have the Oakworks Portal Pro, and it has worked great for years, with many large clients. http://www.oakworks.com/portal-pro.asp
Jason Erickson, NCTMB, ACE-CPT, AIS-TA
Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer
http://www.CSTMinnesota.com

Internet forums are like going to the zoo; if you get enough monkeys together, sooner or later someone will start throwing their poo.

cabwy
Registered Member

Post by cabwy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:40 pm

I am not sure how to post links, but here is a previous BWO thread that talks about good chair choices..
hopefully you know how to cut and paste, or maybe someone else will fix this to show a "clickable" link?

http://www.bodyworkonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=564

I agree, 200 pounds for a limit isn't going to be safe.
The main thing I would want to look for is one that is easy to carry and set up.
Carol

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:48 am

This thread has specific links to chairs that members of the forum have reviewed too. Which is Massage Chair is the best?

I like a Stronglite myself.

If you need something on the cheap, look on Craigslist or the Backpage and find something that has more than a 200 lb. weight limit. Unless you are working in an area of the states where practically no one is over-weight, 200lbs. is practically the "average" ofthe group, when it comes to people working in a corporate office. Some will be less, and many will be more. A good size man who is in mid-life will run about 220 lbs. --- easy.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

HappyKarma
Registered Member

Post by HappyKarma » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 pm

I have a Golden Ratio Quicklite and I absolutely LOVE it!!! You gotta buy a chair that will last awhile and not one you will be replacing or worse might break with the client on it! Good luck!

Johnny
"When life wrinkles you up,get a massage"

MHewitt11
Fresh Hands

Post by MHewitt11 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:52 am

I personally wouldn't buy a massage chair that only goes up to 200lbs, especially if you want it to last for a while. 250lbs is the minimum and if you want something that won't break on you, get something that can withstand up to 300lbs.

I would get the Strong Lite Portable Massage Chair or the Custom Craftworks Melody Massage Chair

Even though it's tempting to buy the cheapst chair possible, in the long run it's a better idea to get something that will last.

MTSI
Fresh Hands

Post by MTSI » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:01 pm

go with quality. your clients will judge you based on their comfort as well. remember that this is a business expense and deductible for tax purposes, so the chair wouldn't cost you what you pay for it. it will cost you much less
http://www.massagetherapyschoolsinformation.com/
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE RESOURCE FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN MASSAGE THERAPY

Return to “Student Forum”