Hello I'm new here And my question might be a little dumb

A place for students to post their questions and concerns.

Moderator: squash_blsm

Mattie86
Fresh Hands

Hello I'm new here And my question might be a little dumb

Post by Mattie86 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:20 am

Hi guys i moved from Miami to Louisiana and I'm taking the mblex for the second time in 3 weeks here in la,my first score was 575 from 630. Can anyone tell me how bad I really did, like how many question did u guys think I missed.. :?: :undecided: :roll:

pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Hello I'm new here And my question might be a little dum

Post by pueppi » Mon May 20, 2013 8:07 pm

I don't know anything about the MBLEx, but in the Handbook for the exam (https://fsmtb.org/userfiles/PDFs/candidateHandbook.pdf) , on page 25, there is some discussion about the "Examination Scores".

I got it by searching the MBLEx on google and that took me to the FSMTB website - https://www.fsmtb.org/
EXAMINATION SCORES

Examination results are reported as PASS (with a numerical scaled score) or FAIL (with a numerical scaled score) to indicate whether or not a candidate has demonstrated the knowledge required to meet standards of competence as defined by the profession.

Candidates will receive their official Score Report at the test center, upon completing the examination.

SCORING

The total scaled score you achieved on the examination determines whether you pass or fail. The scale ranges from 300 to 900 (the lowest score anyone can get is 300 and the highest score anyone can get is 900) and a scaled score of 630 is set as the passing score on the MBLEx. Passing scores are determined through the modified Angoff process, a statistical procedure for establishing the minimum pass level using the judgment of experts. Through this process, the raw score required to pass is established. This raw score is then set to equal a scaled score of 630. A scaled score is not a percentage score.

CRITERION-REFERENCED SCORING

The passing score on the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination is determined by Subject Matter Experts under the direction of the experts in testing and psychometrics. The criteria define the minimum acceptable level of competence required for the safe and effective practice of Massage & Bodywork. The passing score is determined by a criterion-referenced method, which is commonly used in licensing examinations. A criterion-referenced passing score applies minimum standards for competent practice to all candidates.

Criterion-referenced standard setting begins with the establishment of a minimum acceptable level of competence for safe practice that candidates must possess in order to pass the examination. The standard setting is a group process. The group is comprised of licensed practitioners representing various aspects of the practice, geographic areas, and levels of expertise. To ensure that the description of the profession represents the job tasks of practitioners entering the profession, input from entry-level practitioners is always included.

Criterion-referenced scoring provides safeguards to both the candidate and the consumer.

PASSING SCORES

You will receive a numerical scaled score total as well as diagnostic information indicating your performance in each content area. The scores reported on the diagnostic summary are provided to guide your future professional development.

FAILING SCORES

In the event that you fail the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination, you will be given your numerical scaled score total, as well as diagnostic information indicating your performance in each content area. The scores reported on the diagnostic summary are provided to assist your future study efforts.

You have an unlimited window of time within which to pass the MBLEx using a Retake Application if you fail the examination.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Mattie86
Fresh Hands

Post by Mattie86 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Hey! Thanks :)

MTSI
Fresh Hands

Post by MTSI » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:05 pm

it' a weighted exam. there is absolutely no way of telling how many exact questions you may have gotten wrong as each is progressively tougher if you answer the previous question correctly. i know that doesn't help too much but it is what it is.
http://www.massagetherapyschoolsinformation.com/
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE RESOURCE FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN MASSAGE THERAPY

Return to “Student Forum”