Finding CEUs

A place for students to post their questions and concerns.

Moderator: squash_blsm

fluidmotion
Fresh Hands

Finding CEUs

Post by fluidmotion » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 pm

I just recently graduated school so technically not a student, but still feel like it. My question is what is the best place to find CEUs. I have been searching the internet but with little to no luck. Specifically, I would like to take sports massage, NMT, and orthopedic CEUs but are hard to find. When I do find them, they are once a year?! I am looking also finding that the field I am looking into (sports, ortho) there are not many offerings in Florida and if they are, again, they are once a year. Any insight and recommendations would be great.

Thanks

JasonE
Moderator-S.S.S

Re: Finding CEUs

Post by JasonE » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:33 pm

fluidmotion wrote:I just recently graduated school so technically not a student, but still feel like it. My question is what is the best place to find CEUs. I have been searching the internet but with little to no luck. Specifically, I would like to take sports massage, NMT, and orthopedic CEUs but are hard to find. When I do find them, they are once a year?! I am looking also finding that the field I am looking into (sports, ortho) there are not many offerings in Florida and if they are, again, they are once a year. Any insight and recommendations would be great.

Thanks
There are tons of CE classes throughout the year, but sometimes it takes some searching to find them. If you're willing to travel, you can take classes of any of the topics you mentioned in any month of the year. :)

For sports massage, you might check the web sites for Pete Pfannerstill, Michael McGillicuddy, and others.
Active Isolated Stretching seminars with Aaron Mattes are available in Sarasota - check his web site or Roger McNear's web site for seminar dates.
Orthopedic massage seminars with James Waslaski, Whitney Lowe, and Ben Benjamin are listed on their sites.
There are multiple schools of neuromuscular therapy - you might check the web sites for the NMT Center, Judith Delaney, Doug Nelson, Seth Will, and/or Precision Neuromuscular Therapy.

Most/all of those people/organizations also have Facebook pages that you might want to check out.

Many CE providers and events are hosted at massage schools, so check massage school web sites for info about the classes they teach/host. There are lots of schools in Florida, and I'm willing to bet that most of them host classes throughout the year.
Jason Erickson, NCTMB, ACE-CPT, AIS-TA
Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer
http://www.CSTMinnesota.com

Internet forums are like going to the zoo; if you get enough monkeys together, sooner or later someone will start throwing their poo.

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:10 am

I think you'll enjoy this topic: Excellent CEU Courses. And, when you find one that fits in here, don't forget to add it for others! :)

It is contained within our CEU Section, so you might find some other ideas in there too.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

MTSI
Fresh Hands

Post by MTSI » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:44 pm

many CUs can be taken online. that said, for hands on education look for traveling courses that may visit your area seasonally. also reach out to existing academies, massage boutiques and ask if they can offer a one off course for you. you will have to get it qualified to get the CUs however.
http://www.massagetherapyschoolsinformation.com/
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE RESOURCE FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN MASSAGE THERAPY

Return to “Student Forum”