Websites for Murals?

A place for students to post their questions and concerns.

Moderator: squash_blsm

massageangel
Fresh Hands

Websites for Murals?

Post by massageangel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:21 pm

Just wondering if anyone has done any murals or is thinking
about doing them in their shop. I have been looking at maybe
doing this for my shop.

Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Post by Pandoras_Gift » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:25 pm

One of the forum members had a mural in their office to create space, then painted another wall to match, and continue with the landscape design. Pretty cool... I wish I had the talent and the time...
love as always,
Muriel

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:48 am

This link doesn't have murals, but I bet it will catch your attention. :)

Decorating your Ceiling
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Blisss
Registered Member

Post by Blisss » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:34 am

In another thread, Greattlakes mentioned that she has a wallpaper mural up in her office.
She said: In the past I have used wallpaper murals. They really change how a room feels and arent price too outrageously. Nice ones can be had for about $125 or less. Check out www.environmentalgraphics.com
They are easy to put up, even for beginners, trust me, I know.

sandyrose
Registered Member

Post by sandyrose » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:30 am

Those are nice, thanks for the link! I like the oriental garden. I'd be interested in knowing what your faves are or does anyone have one of these specifically?

fudja / aka Greatlakes
Registered Member

Post by fudja / aka Greatlakes » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:38 am

I have, had and will have again.

My first was cinnamon bay, then I had lighthouse cove, which will be taken down next week. I have Mediteranian arch ordered and will order ocean breeze for the other room within a month or two. They are easy to put up and not to much trouble to take down.

They tend to open a room up, make it look larger.

pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Websites for Murals?

Post by pueppi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:54 am

I ran across this today and thought I would add it to this post, even though it is not a full-blown mural.

Last edited by pueppi on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:54 am

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

tranquilspirit2006
Registered Member

Post by tranquilspirit2006 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:50 pm

I did at my old place. My room was pretty small and the previous MT had done nothing with it, it looked bare and sterile. When I moved into her room, (my old room was a moon and stars theme and I had painted the ceiling tiles shades of dark blues with some lighter cloudy areas and then stenciled gold starts here and there on it, as well I brought the sky down in one corner and strung up stars across it on fine wire) it need a lot of work. My new stuff I was going with was beachy themed and since I had this lovely blank wall..... I painted a beach scene, empty sandy area with a big opened beach umbrella leaning a bit, the uneven water coming up like waves. Where the sky met the water I painted some far off islands and in the corner, on the door and extending past the corne to the next wall, palm trees. Then a big sun, radiating out and out and reflecting on the water. And the silhouettes of some large v-shaped birds flying way out over the water. It was awesome.

On the opposite wall, the entire wall was painted cinderblock and couldn't use it for shelves or to attach anything. It looked too blank to me so one slow day I got out the brushes and paints again....and ended up with a tropical sunset, framed by palm trees and glowing pink and purple and yellow and blue, again with the water reflection. They didn't make the room look smaller, they actually really opened it up because you didn't look at walls then. And everyone was pleasantly surprised when they walked in, lots of "Oh, this is SO COOL!' because it didn't much look like a typical massage room (or what they expected one would be) and it was bright and funky and cheerful and fun. I think everyone who came in really liked it. I know I loved it - leaving those two walls was hard. I miss them still. They were totally amateur, like what you might see painted on the fencing that surrounds the deck out back at a beachside bar, but that only added to the fun.
Attachments
msgrm2.jpg
msgrm2.jpg (75.39 KiB) Viewed 5027 times
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know."

Return to “Student Forum”