Intense reaction to me after working on someone??

Reiki practioners and other energy workers, here's your chance to discuss all matters relating to your modality. Instant Karma and Chakra balancing to be found within!

Moderators: Talenyn, riversinger

Intense reaction to me after working on someone??

Postby LeaPiya on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:03 am

I hope there are a few of you who understand what happens on energetic levels while doing bodywork on clients and can help me to understand and better prepare myself for the future.

I do MT and LDT, but I am brand new and have only just had a handful of clients. Yesterday I had an MT client and after the session I have a very intense "episode".

At first, I felt fine afterward, just pretty tired. But after about an hour I started to freak out. I started to feel mentally horrible. And I wasn't sure if it was just coming from me being hormonal or something lol. Then I was getting these intense images of the client. It seemed scary and violent, but the images were harmless. It was just the associated feeling.

My bf and I got in a little tiff because I was acting weird. It was almost like an anxiety attack. I kept going on about how disgusting and greasy I felt and this horrible feeling was growing inside me. My bf shook me as if to snap me out of it, (he does CST btw) but as soon as he did that I felt like I couldn't breathe. I fell to the floor gasping for air in some kind of full blown panic/anxiety attack. For a few moments I was screaming and crying.

Then I ran to the shower and started gagging and coughing up a lot of mucous. By the time I got out of the shower. I felt back to normal. Like I had just come out of a bad trip or something. I felt totally drained and I still feel very drained. I have no energy and have been in bed pretty much all day. And I feel kind of depressed.

I am usually very sensitive to energy. It has been a bit of a problem – being overly sensitive at times and it has been affecting me to an extent. But is this normal in anyway? Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else? Or am I crazy? What do I do about this?

I would really appreciate any help/understanding/advice or anything anyone can offer.

Thanks
L
LeaPiya
Fresh Hands

Re: Intense reaction to me after working on someone??

Postby maestra on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:34 pm

I haven't had anything near that intense... but have definitely had a client or two that made me feel like I needed to shower to get their energy off me. Particularly if they are smokers, that's hard on me, because I'm allergic to cigarette smoke.

And there was this one guy the spa made me work on a couple times that I definitely had issues with. Even when he behaved, I had such trouble with his energy that the only thing I can say is it "short circuited" me for about three days. (As you mentioned it takes a few days to "get your strength back" and recover.)

So how are you feeling now, any better? What did you find made you feel better? (Time? Showering? Smudging? Essential Oils? Going out in nature? What helps you ground yourself?)

*offers you a cup of tea* Keep us posted! :smt006
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland
maestra
Site Admin

Postby LeaPiya on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:09 am

Thank you for the response.

After spending half the day in bed and asking for God's Grace, I started to have a strong feeling that I should get up and go rock climbing (avid climber). After I started to climb I got a tremendous amount of energy and my positive state back. Perhaps a big element of it is about not letting myself give in to inferior energies, although at times that takes a great deal of mental strength. :)

Still hoping to hear about anyone else's experiences/reactions after doing bodywork! :)

Thanks
LeaPiya
Fresh Hands

Postby jdcan on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:11 am

You said "My bf shook me as if to snap me out of it, (he does CST btw) but as soon as he did that I felt like I couldn't breathe."

Can you tell us more about that?
jdcan
Moderator-S.S.S

Return to Energy Work Forum