Plugged in - Got my Reiki I attunement! +odd feeling...

Reiki practioners and other energy workers, here's your chance to discuss all matters relating to your modality. Instant Karma and Chakra balancing to be found within!

Moderators: Talenyn, riversinger

Plugged in - Got my Reiki I attunement! +odd feeling...

Postby GreenDragonfly on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Just wanted to share the news of my level I attunement!

I wasn't sure what to expect, so I sat still, tried to clear my mind and waited.. my hands were like on fire and we were in a room where the temp was rather cool. I usually don't have warm hands at all, actually, quite the opposite so I was focused on my hands after that.

After we were done, we exchanged some Reiki and when she was at my feet I felt like my head was blowing up, like getting full of air or something. I asked what she was doing at that moment and she said she was pulling the energy through my chakras from the top of my head.

Well, the energy was stuck. I could literally feel it. She said that I might have some unconscious block in the throat and that it should clear as I practice on myself. Anyone ever have anything like that happen to them?

I thought it would feel very subtle or like nothing at all. I was really very surprised to have such a tangible sensation! I feel great otherwise and that sensation came and went ... as soon as she stopped, the feeling stopped!

Thanks for letting me share!
GreenDragonfly

Postby barefoot on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:19 am

Congratulations! Reiki can be quite palpable. I find it is somewhat dependent on how "body aware" the recipient is. Not always. I have had clients feel nothing, who I expected to blow away, and I have blown away those who I expected to feel nothing. Moral of the story: put aside your expectations and judgements... it's very freeing.

Welcome to the club!
Sally L. Hurwitch, C.M.T.
Barefoot in Cozumel
www.barefootincozumel.com
barefoot
Registered Member

Re: Plugged in - Got my Reiki I attunement! +odd feeling...

Postby JLWmassage on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:21 am

I just got mine yesterday. And I was freezing for the rest of the day. My body temp. dropped after the attunement and I got even colder while we traded
JLWmassage

Postby thecollectiveone on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Everyone feels something different with energy. Some people it will heat up, some people it will cool down. The way energy works is it adapts and changes to the highest good of the person. You will notice that when you work on inflamed areas your hands will get cold, and when you work on strained or sprained muscles they will heat up. Energy also follows intent so if you want it to heat up it will and vise versa. Anywho, It's wonderful that you've received your attunement. If your like me and have a lot of "baggage" then you may go through a detox process, which is why a lot of master teachers make you wait 21 days after your first attunement for the next. Afterwards you will feel wonderful. You may notice a lot of changes in your life now and your body. So drink plenty of water!
-- Dr. Rev. St. James Burton, GRMT, LMBT

Grand Reiki Master Teacher, Licensed Massage/Bodywork Therapist

SC LMBT Lic. #7011

NCBTMB ID # 589806-10

The Collective One
thecollectiveone
Fresh Hands

Postby Taoist on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:51 pm

I am doing my level 1 next Saturday. I'm excited! I've always been very sensitive to energy flow although that's not usually my main focus in my practice. With the varying body temperatures, it seems to make a difference to me depending on where I'm drawing energy from. I later found out from a fellow LMT and Reiki master (the one I will be doing the attunement with) that drawing energy via Fire Breathing will make your hands/feet warm while Water Breathing cools the extremities. Very fascinating.

Moral of the story: put aside your expectations and judgements... it's very freeing.

I've seen this to be true in any type of massage/bodywork. Now if I can just remember that ALL the time... ;)
"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."
Lao Tzu

Taoist
Registered Member

Return to Energy Work Forum