Flu like symptoms after attunement

Reiki practioners and other energy workers, here's your chance to discuss all matters relating to your modality. Instant Karma and Chakra balancing to be found within!

Moderators: Talenyn, riversinger

Flu like symptoms after attunement

Postby bluejeans on Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:52 am

I just did my Reiki level 1 and have a question. I was attuned on Sunday and on Monday had UTI symptoms and on Wednesday had flu like symptoms (chills, cold sweat and many aches in my body) although no cold/cough as of yet. I had a migraine for 4 days before my Level 1 class. I received 1 attunement then after it 4 Masters and 2 students all gave me Reiki to make my head feel better. It did after about 1/2 hour. My third eye and crown chakras were stuck but then cleared out. My question is ...do you think these symptoms can be from the Reiki, a detox type of transaction? And what source of info do you feel is best for me to read to learn more? Thanks!
~ In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks-John Muir ~
bluejeans
Fresh Hands

Postby Talenyn on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:58 pm

I'm surprised your Master didn't bring this up. After an attunement you go through all kinds of changes. One of them is a system wide cleansing, which can result in cold or flu like symptoms. We tell our students it can take at least 3 weeks to get into the full rhythm, sometimes longer depending on how "stuck" in patterns you are.

Treat yourself gently for the next few weeks. Old issues may be dredged up, you may want to yell or cry at a moments notice.

But on the otherside you'll feel like a new person.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Blessings,
Jennifer
Reiki Master
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought to Light - www.tosots.com
Talenyn
Retired Moderator - SSS

Return to Energy Work Forum