Interesting experience

Reiki practioners and other energy workers, here's your chance to discuss all matters relating to your modality. Instant Karma and Chakra balancing to be found within!

Moderators: Talenyn, riversinger

Interesting experience

Postby AnastasiaB on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 am

Really quick story ---

New client, male, late 50s-early 60s, heart transplant 11 months prior, relaxation massage for the one hour session

Couldn't figure out what it was about the fellow that was "throwing" me for a loop, so to speak. Most of the time working on him I felt fine, perceived him to be a genuinely nice gentleman, great energy, etc. We talked about inconsequential stuff through the massage, etc. without a problem..... BUT, kept sensing something else, something I couldn't "put a finger on" at the time. Something that didn't "jive" with the person on the table - anxiety, mean mood, anger issues, etc.

Talked to him afterwords while settling the bill about his experiences post-transplant - notice any changes in mood? any food preferences change? etc. because I have read several articles that have said such stuff is possible with transplants of any kind....
"No, not really. Just get a bit aggravated when people bug me while I'm driving - I didn't used to do that, but I do now."

Still trying to figure out the "weird" vibe I had experienced, I called a girlfriend whose late husband had received a lung transplant and asked her about any changes in her husband's body energies from pre- to post - transplant. She is, bless her soul, very energeticallly attuned. Her answer was a resounding - "YES!!!!! Over his new lung there was always a different feeling and he quit drinking coffee and hated bacon [his favorite food ever] and started craving Old Milwaukee Beer!" His lung was from a young man who didn't drink coffee, hated bacon and loved OMB....

So, I have come to the conclusion that the "weird" energies that I was sensing - the incongruities between the man on the table and the energetic perceptions coming off the table must have been related to his heart transplant in some way.

Anyone have any other ideas? Just curious.....
Anastasia B

Be who you are and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. - Theodore S. Geisel - [Dr. Seuss][

www.mymassageworks.embarqspace.com
AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Re: Interesting experience

Postby EgoMagickian on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:19 pm

That is so interesting. I'm not aware of having worked with anyone with any transplants, so I can't be of much help. Fascinating tho!
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby pueppi on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:09 am

I have a young client who is currently awaiting a bilateral lung transplant. The client was recently given the opportunity to take on a set of lungs, but the hospital was required to divulge that the previous owner had once had some drug issues. The client denied the transplant on the basis of not wanting to trade in one problem for possibly another.

I am very nervous when it comes to transplants. I think there are things in our tissue and genetics, that though we can't always explain, follow us through our lives and in some cases, certain items are passed on through genes that are just a part of us. I am not sure how I feel about being a reciever of someone elses tissues & issues, just to live longer on this earth... but then, that's me.

One thing I do find interesting is that cadaver bone matches (for fusions and the like) are not cataloged (at least not to my currentl knowledge), so, you get what you get and never quite get a full picture. Nor, if there is a problem, can it be traced back to somewhere. That's a side note that has been bugging me for a while and I just needed to get it "out"!

But, I have heard about what you experienced with your client and am interested in other similar information.

Thank you for sharing.
Last edited by pueppi on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby kathryn on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:06 am

There is a book called A Change of Heart by Claire Sylvia and she discusses her experiences with her heart transplant that are very similar to your client. There's also this article where a PT explains her beliefs about cellular memory. In it she mentions the same book and also Candace Pert's book Molecules of Emotion (which is a good book).

http://www.med.unc.edu/wellness/main/li ... memory.htm

Another really great book filled with essays, many of them covering parts of this topic, is called Measuring the Immeasurable. It's written mostly by scientists and what they have discovered about the mind/body connections.
kathryn
Registered Member

Postby AngEngland on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:04 pm

There is an interesting movie about a man who receives a heart transplant and later falls in love with the widow of the donor or something like that. I can't remember the title but it was based on a true story. I also read an article where a woman who received organ donation from a MURDERED woman was able to provide the police with enough details after dreaming about the incident they pursued a suspect they had originally ruled out and found evidence agaisnt him enough to convict him.

VERY interesting indeed. Sometimes when we tell our clients "to listen to their bodies" we are speaking truer words than we realize.

Angela <><
AngEngland
Registered Member

Return to Energy Work Forum