Can you practice energy work without religion?

Reiki practioners and other energy workers, here's your chance to discuss all matters relating to your modality. Instant Karma and Chakra balancing to be found within!

Moderators: Talenyn, riversinger

Can you practice energy work without religion?

Postby tiger snacks on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:51 pm

I know alot of religions like to pose "energy work" as satanic, or witchcraft. Well..

I have no denomination. No religion for me. Not an atheist either. I don't hold myself to any religious mainstream ideologies or anything remotely close to it.

My question is though, can you not be "spiritual/religious" but still give and receive(reiki, etc)?
The world does not pay for your education and knowledge. It pays you for what you DO with that knowledge.

It is not the lawyer who knows his law that wins the case. It is the one that PREPARES his case that wins.
tiger snacks
Registered Member

Re: Can you practice energy work without religion?

Postby thecollectiveone on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Most definitely. I'm assuming your talking about a very conservative Christian prospective? Even in the bible Jesus said "You will do all this, and more." What they call it in the church is "laying of hands". It's all practically the same thing. But all in all, yes you can practice energy work without any affiliation to any religion or philosophy. It works no matter how you believe in it.
-- Dr. Rev. St. James Burton, GRMT, LMBT

Grand Reiki Master Teacher, Licensed Massage/Bodywork Therapist

SC LMBT Lic. #7011

NCBTMB ID # 589806-10

The Collective One
thecollectiveone
Fresh Hands

Postby riversinger on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:21 am

I've never felt as though energetic work needed to involve any specific religion or spiritual belief system. While the church - whoever they are...may not agree & may try to put their spin on things - Scientific studies have been done which clearly show that we all have electromagnetic energy/frequencies, which can be seen, & or measured, with various devices.

Most people can feel static electricity without "seeing" proof of it, just as any good energy worker can usually feel the energy field of someone they are working on. Some folks are more sensitive to it than others, some are better channels for it than others for many different reasons.

Each practitioner may have their own personal belief system, rituals, etc. some of which could be as simple as practicing meditation, doing Tai Chi, or Qigong, etc. in order to center themselves and work with their own energy, while toning the body, & calming the mind/spirit, without imposing that upon their clients.
The song of the spirit is as the song
of the river, on a journey back to source.
riversinger

Postby Talenyn on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:49 pm

I agree, energy work, is not a religion nor do you need to have religious beliefs. I tell people Reiki is sacred, not religious nor secret.
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought to Light - www.tosots.com
Talenyn
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby sam12 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:45 am

Of course you can, energy work has nothing to do with religion, I know many people who are not religion and they still practice energy work. What religion does besides energy work is also the indoctrination of certain ideas and rules of behavior.
sam12
Fresh Hands

Return to Energy Work Forum