Thoughts on EFT?

Reiki practioners and other energy workers, here's your chance to discuss all matters relating to your modality. Instant Karma and Chakra balancing to be found within!

Moderators: Talenyn, riversinger

Postby EgoMagickian on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:12 pm

You've heard of the Extraordinary Vessels right? Belt flow (Dai mai), etc? I keep this page bookmarked as reference: http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/archive ... acial.html

Conception and Governing Vessels are considered Extraordinary meridians, and Eden posits them as an evolutionary step inbetween the other EVs and the 12 regular meridians.

We were told a little about them in Shiatsu class, but weren't taught to work with them. My understanding is that Jin Shin Do is one method of acupressure that works with the Extraordinary Vessels extensively.

Speaking of Jin Shin Do, while I understand the previous observation that "Based on" and "inspired by" do not equal "same as." I think that there are enough examples of emotional acupressure that are accepted by the TCM and ABT communities that EFT isn't much of a stretch at all.
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby Breathe on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:28 pm

yes, definitely. Certain points can correspond with very specific emotional reactions and thought processes. It's not much of a leap to suggest that EFT addresses some of these processing mechanisms. I don't know much about Jin Shin Do, but do know that medical qigong looks at imbalances of qi as something that can be adjusted by movement, tapping and hands on "energy" healing.

I went and did some research on strange flow... just a little, and ran across a fantastic article on Traumatic Dai Mai Obstruction. It described a symptom pattern that EXACTLY matched a client of mine... right down to the mechanism of injury. I've been telling her for months that the massage had become palliative and she needed acupuncture, tai ji, qigong or something other than what we are accessing. Now I have something in hand I can show her.

I know that's quite off-topic from EFT, but if we hadn't been discussing it, I wouldn't have found that information. Thank you so much!
abusing the word "actually" since 1973
Breathe
Registered Member

Postby EgoMagickian on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:24 pm

That's awesome. Is that article online? Share the link or citation?
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby BJB-LMP on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:31 pm

Is it this 2-parter from Acupuncture Today? I had to go looking when I read your post.

Part 1:
http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/mpacms/ ... p?id=27857

Part 2:
http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/mpacms/ ... p?id=27745
-Beccy
BJB-LMP
Registered Member

Postby Breathe on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:04 am

That's the one. I emailed the links to my client, and she was very excited. She has been worried that she was developing MS or FMS or something debilitating, due to the severity and progressive down-turn of her symptoms.

I really hope she follows through and sees an acupuncturist.
Breathe
Registered Member

Postby Breathe on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:07 am

On topic again... I had a client yesterday who is dealing with tremendous anxiety (business) and loss (personal) at the moment. I referred him to a friend of mine who practices/trains EFT. (Don't know why I didn't think of her earlier...) He is very responsive to energy work. We'll see how it goes. I was explaining to him what a session looks like, and he made the comment that it sounds a bit like TM (transcendental meditation) in some respects. He really liked the idea of the affirmations.
Breathe
Registered Member

Postby sillypup on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:36 am

eft came from combing tcm and suggestion therapy. it's not meant for deep work. it's light work through repetition to recondition the body's reaction. most people have problems because of conditioned reflex of emotion or thoughts, feelings, body reaction. As you think about your problem and you tap on acupoint you are disrupting your body's reaction. you don't need to even use suggestion with eft. thinking about problems only works too. it's pretty simple system yet people make a big deal of it and hype it up due to not knowing it's origin. eft is also a variation of hypnosis in light trance incorpating energy and waking suggestion. eft can be used by anyone, no need some practitioner certificate. Just follow the simple protocol. it's harmless base on it's core techniques. Also the reason for tapping is because it's used to release excess energy. In my chi healing training, tapping acupoints release energy and slowly pressing the acupoints helps gain more energy.
I still prefer hypnosis as it's the oldest mind/body healing system/tool that works on deep levels and the word is long lasting and most likely permanent.
sillypup
Registered Member

Re:

Postby thatguymark on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Breathe wrote:I don't know much about Jin Shin Do, but do know that medical qigong looks at imbalances of qi as something that can be adjusted by movement, tapping and hands on "energy" healing.

In the training I did, visualization of colors are also used for tonifying, whereas there are sounds for purging/emotional detoxification.

I'm curious, are you guys aware that TCM is basically Mao's medicine? There is evidently a lot of information that has been stripped away. It's been a long time but one obvious thing would be how everyone thinks there is just one dan tien, whereas in the traditional Taoist view there are three. (the other two being head and heart)

As far as understanding and recommendation, I would suggest that subjective experience is not to be completely ignored. Having a conceptual framework for it is one thing, but with some practitioners they have clearly got it down - like they can sense your actual meridian flow and how it's different from the textbook location based on physical anatomy, as well as induce changes that you can immediately feel in the ambient environment, your body or even directly in your consciousness.

BTW as far as the use of the doll, isn't that basically holographic? Same principle with reflexology. My qigong teacher recalled a doctor in China that just stood across the room from the patient and diagnosed them with his hand.
thatguymark
Fresh Hands

Previous

Return to Energy Work Forum