Hip pain question

A forum focusing on discussion of injuries, illnesses, pathologies and procedures in alleviating, relieving and/or referring.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, Talenyn

Hip pain question

Postby cfaye on Wed May 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi! I'm a massage student and I would love some input on some pain that my mom is having.

She says that there is no pain first thing in the morning, but as she goes through the day around her coccyx will start hurting. If she sits a lot, around her ischial tuberosity will hurt (this is all on the left side). By the end of the day she is hurting from around her iliac crest to her upper thigh region. She did see a doctor regarding this, but was told that they won't do anything for it and to just take OTC noninflammatory meds. She did find some relief w/stretching the hamstrings (and other easy/senior chair yoga) and I've done massage w/MET & trigger point release all of which started off helping and now it doesn't really offer any pain relief (this has been going on the last 3-4 months).

Any thought?? thanks a bunch :)
cfaye
Fresh Hands

Re: Hip pain question

Postby JLHAY79 on Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 am

Maybe stress fx?!
JLHAY79
Fresh Hands

Re: Hip pain question

Postby pueppi on Tue May 16, 2017 10:24 am

You may need to look into the history of how this came on, and see if she can give you any more information. History is 80% of the diagnosis. A second opinion may also be in order.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Injury - Illness - Pathology - Procedure