Oakworks Aero-Cel Face Rest

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

Oakworks Aero-Cel Face Rest

Postby pueppi on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi. I need to purchase a new headrest, and can't get the one I normally purchase from Earthlite. They no longer have the kind of headrest that allows you to remove the "innerds" --- and, I like to remove their insides and replace them with a tempurpedic / memory foam cradle insert.

So, I am just curious, in case I decide to go off the beaten path, does anyone have any information on the Oakworks Aero-Cel Face Rest? LIke it? Hate it? Use it? Etc.

http://www.oakworks.com/aero-cel-face-r ... nt-pad.asp

Thanks in advance. :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Oakworks Aero-Cel Face Rest

Postby MarionFM on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:51 am

I have not used that one but I think it looks uncomfortable. Is it just the cover on your present one? Could you get it recovered?
MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby pueppi on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Yep... just the cover. It's making little black flakes on my arm rest underneath it, every time I cover it with a face cradle cover. :(

I found a few that I can use, but I'm not sold. Some people say the pleather stinks, etc.

And, then I ran across this and thought... well... it looks a little weird, but it is Oakworks.... so, maybe???? ;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby karmassage on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:10 pm

pueppi wrote:Yep... just the cover. It's making little black flakes on my arm rest underneath it, every time I cover it with a face cradle cover. :(

I found a few that I can use, but I'm not sold. Some people say the pleather stinks, etc.

And, then I ran across this and thought... well... it looks a little weird, but it is Oakworks.... so, maybe???? ;)

Did you end up getting it? I've been curious about it, too!
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do - Rumi
karmassage
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:50 am

Nope. I didn't get it.

But, I can say it was a real effort to locate a headrest that is still made with the opening to replace the "innerds".

I ended up ordering what I needed in a Golden Ratio version about a year ago now.

I got it through
  • http://www.goldenratio.com/GRW/options/accessories.html
or
  • http://www.goldenratio.com/

And, as I recall this gentleman who I ordered from owns both websites.

Note: The cost was the same cost rather I just ordered the cover or the full headrest. So, I ordered the whole headrest for about $55, and then just re-stuffed it with my own "innerds". :P

The package came quickly, the leather (or whatever that is made of -- I actually think it is leather) is good and I haven't had any flaking.

I am happy with the purchase and plan to order another to keep as a back-up, in case this one starts to be a problem in another 5+ years and I can't find another that I like ('cuz I'm a little crazy like that). :)
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Tools of the Trade