TouchPro Certification

Chair massage is everywhere! Come discuss the latest trends, new opportunities, and your best techniques in the exciting field of Chair and Corporate Massage.

Moderators: Pete, MarionFM

TouchPro Certification

Postby cfaye on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:58 am

I'm currently a student and we had an opportunity to become certified in TouchPro. Since its part of our tuition, I figured it made sense to do so (and I found I really enjoy it!). However, I'm stuck on just how to get in my 100 massages. I'm 30 down and 70 more to go. I need do to the full 15 minute "kata" in order for it to count. So, I'm trying to avoid setting up at a large event. We did a health fair where we did a 3 minute "kata" and we had a big line! I figure I need to stick to a smaller venue to do the 15 minute one. Any ideas of where I ought to set up? So far, its been just family events (that 30 was just my husband's family :) ). Thanks for any ideas :)
cfaye
Fresh Hands

Re: TouchPro Certification

Postby MarionFM on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:18 pm

I have been doing chair massage for many years - welcome to the club! I am assuming that these sessions will be for free? What about a school, or gym, or health food store? What about asking the people you worked on at the family event if they have contacts.

Or, contact TouchPro and ask what suggestions they have. Many people must have gone through their training in the past and they might be able to give some pointers.

100 x 15 minute massages is quite a lot. Good luck.
MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby maestra on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:18 pm

How about tying it in as some kind of community service? Fire station, police force, volunteers at the Humane Society...is there a cause you'd like to support? That might be a great way to "donate" your time & efforts to people who would really appreciate your work.
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland
maestra
Site Admin

Postby cfaye on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:36 am

Update!

I had a wonderful friend who got me into a local school district. I'll have all of my massages in my the end of the year. Thanks for all the ideas :)
cfaye
Fresh Hands

Postby pueppi on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Awesome! I never thought of the school district!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Chair and Corporate Massage