Is anyone with MMIP?

Client related discussion, Q&A, how-to's, HCFA's, billing, reimbursement and more!

Moderator: Pete

Is anyone with MMIP?

Postby Rozax on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:41 pm

There's a lot of word on here about ABMP vs AMTA (does anyone else just pronounce it as a word or say each, individual letter?), but has anyone tried Massage Magazine Insurance Plus? I've done all the research on it that I can, so I'm looking for first-hand experience.
This user doesn't visit here, anymore. Move along.
poem-massage.org
Rozax
Registered Member

Re: Is anyone with MMIP?

Postby pueppi on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Rozax wrote:There's a lot of word on here about ABMP vs AMTA (does anyone else just pronounce it as a word or say each, individual letter?), but has anyone tried Massage Magazine Insurance Plus? I've done all the research on it that I can, so I'm looking for first-hand experience.

I say " A - B - M - P " by the letter.

I don't have any experience with MMIP.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Rozax on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:12 pm

pueppi wrote:
Rozax wrote:There's a lot of word on here about ABMP vs AMTA (does anyone else just pronounce it as a word or say each, individual letter?), but has anyone tried Massage Magazine Insurance Plus? I've done all the research on it that I can, so I'm looking for first-hand experience.

I say " A - B - M - P " by the letter.

ABMP, naturally, but how about AMTA? :mrgreen:
poem-massage.org
Rozax
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:12 am

I say " A - M - T - A ". :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Rozax on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:13 pm

The more I look into it, the more I'm leaning toward AMTA. I still have a few months to make a decision, though.
poem-massage.org
Rozax
Registered Member

Postby Angelika on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:40 am

The leadership of the AMTA seems more interested in protecting their turf and their positions of power than in promoting the greater good of the profession and being of service to its membership. They have this massage therapy "journal" that never publishes any peer reviewed research, which is what a journal does in the real world. It's just a magazine, so why don't they stop using a false title? A leader in the development and innovation of massage therapy was ignored by this magazine when he was the first massage therapist to speak before a medical convention. Don't you think that is a significant even for our profession. Well, they don't like him so that's more important than promoting our work to the medical community.

Do you know the great majority of massage therapist in this country DO NOT belong to the amta? It represents a small minority of the profession, and most of those probably only join for the name and the insurance, not because they support the policies and agenda of the organization. It's really quite sad. For everyone.

Do you know the AMTA started and financed the national exam. I remember how they promised us it would be voluntary. Now more and more jurisdictions require it for licensing. They say the national board is "independent" yet they owed money to the amta and contracted with the amta for administrative services. Thus it was in the amta's interest to get this test as a license requirement to make sure they got their money back.
apartment building insurance
Angelika
Fresh Hands

Postby Rozax on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Well, I did end up going with AMTA, and thus far, I am happy with my decision. Thanks to all the research I did to come to this conclusion, I've helped others decide which insurance company would be best for them. Did you know that you can even talk to some employers about liability insurance? You aren't restricted to MMIP, AMTA, ABMP, or any other alphabet soup I may be forgetting.
poem-massage.org
Rozax
Registered Member

Postby Lalo on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:14 am

I hate to do this, but there are a ton of providers out there that don't make you join an association to get coverage. I work for a company The Bodywork Insurance Program, insurebodywork.com, and we can provide coverage without having to pay the extra money for the association fees. This means that you get the same, if not better, coverage for a lot less. We have heard from a lot of our customers that they actually prefer this type of coverage because they don't need all of the "extras". With the internet the way it is, they are saying they can find their massage supplies online for just as cheap as when they have the discounts with the larger associations. Our customers are also saying that educational material can also be found online without having to join an association. If you have more questions about our program, visit our website. If you have questions after that, give us a call at 1-888-568-0548.

insurebodywork.com

Professionals- $99, Students- $67, No shared limits!
Lalo
Fresh Hands

Postby coelbren on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 pm

I am a thai therapist and I have MMIP and I was told to get it by other thai people because thai and lots of other holistic modalities like cupping are covered. That's why we have it. It is more expensive than the other insurance. I am about to renew mine tomorrow and I'm also intrigued and interested by the idea of 200 hr CEU classes to take.
coelbren
Fresh Hands

Return to Insurance