want to hear from others about site build it

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

want to hear from others about site build it

Postby healingtouch on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:12 pm

I have been interested in site build it and want to hear what others are doing with it. What kind of money have you been able to bring in with it? How long did it take? Or is it just Julie that is doing it?
healingtouch
Fresh Hands

Postby thebodyworker on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:53 am

It may be just me on here doing it.

My site build it site -www.massagetherapycareers.com which is only about 250 pages and gets about 500 visitors a day is now making more than my other site -www.thebodyworker.com that gets over 2500 visitors a day.

Last year I doubled my adsense income and am already on the way to doubling it again this year as my traffic is increasing and I figured out some different ad placements that doubled my click rate. That will mean I am close to making a living totally on my websites and am also creating more non massage sites to supplement that. The possibilities and potential are really endless.

I have a list of others who are using sbi for their massage sites at
http://www.massagetherapycareers.com/sbi-massage-sites.html

I juat saw that Brian Tracy is actually recommending it too now and it is being taught in about 20 Universities across the US and will be out there more this year.

Julie
thebodyworker
Registered Member

Postby cstbrian on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:52 am

I also use Site Build It! I love it!!!

I have used SBI! for almost 5 years now. I used it when I got out of massage school for my private practice. I then transferred it over to the spa when I became manager. I used it for 2 years at the spa. Now, back in private practice I have my own site again.

So far, I have only used it to market my business; I have not used it to generate additional income. (In SBI terms, I have not monetized my site yet.) I am still working on adding key content to attract more visitors before I monetize.

In terms of using for my massage/CranioSacral practice, it has been the best marketing I have done. As of this posting, my site is in the top 3 results when you do a Google search for any of the following:
'massage northampton'
'craniosacral northampton'
'northampton massage'
'northampton craniosacral'

Another thing that I love about SBI! is that I am in total control of my site. If I want to make a change or add something I do it when I want and it goes within minutes. I don't have to call my 'design person' explain what I want, let him/her work on it, proof it, then wait for it to go live.

I could really go on and on and on .........

Brian
Brian

"Life isn't about finding yourself ... life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"When we try to control that which is out of our control, we become an incredibly anxiety prone society." Dr. John Upledger
cstbrian
Registered Member

Postby healingtouch on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks Julie and Brian for your replies.

Julie, I am not sure if I did it right for you to get credit - but I did purchase the special before the 4th - had been through your site a couple of times that evening and finally did purchase. I hope you get credit for it.

I am actually using it for my new quilting business not my massage business. www.thequilterstouch.com. I am just starting and still have a long way to go before I have the hang of it.
healingtouch
Fresh Hands

Postby greenanemone on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 pm

I just did some reading about 'site build it,' and it sound interesting and useful....

I was wondering though... with the $300 purchase, can you just use it with multiple domains, or would one need to make an additional purchase for additional domains?

Also, if I wanted to use it to optimize a site that I already have, would I be able to do that and also get an additonal domain with one purchase?

Thanks!
greenanemone
Fresh Hands

Postby catskillcrawler on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:48 am

greenanemone wrote:I just did some reading about 'site build it,' and it sound interesting and useful....

You wrote:
"I was wondering though... with the $300 purchase, can you just use it with multiple domains, or would one need to make an additional purchase for additional domains?

Also, if I wanted to use it to optimize a site that I already have, would I be able to do that and also get an additonal domain with one purchase?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You get one domain for the 300.00 but the thing to remember is, you get the analytical tools to get you the traffic. That's 25.00 a month, comparable to what you'd probably pay for a cheapo site like a Bravenet or coffeecup, which will probably float out there unseen with no traffic.

I've just started the Adsense and have been tweaking it slowly. Right now, I;m primarily using the site for client education and to reinforce credibility in their minds. It's been wonderful, you can refer folks to it who ask questions, and get more traffic!

They run sales at certain times of the year, like a 2 for 1. So you can save a site for later or even give it to a friend. They have a money back guarantee, which is unheard of on the web. Yes, you can make your existing site a SBI site, transfer the HTML, add content relevant keywords, and get traffic.

Their customer support is phenomenal. The forums totally rock, I've made friends there, and gotten great ideas and feedback, so you don't feel all alone.

I can't post my site here yet, as I'm new, and they have this anti-spam thing, which is a good thing, but if you PM me I think I can send it to you.
i'll post it eventually anyway.

Rob
Last edited by catskillcrawler on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catskillcrawler
Fresh Hands

Postby cstbrian on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:58 pm

catskillcrawler wrote:I can't post my site here yet, as I'm new, and they have this anti-spam thing, which is a good thing, but if you PM me I think I can send it to you.
i'll post it eventually anyway.

Rob

Rob,

Are you: http://www.hartfordmassageinfo.com ???

I have visited you before ..... nice SBI! site!!

Brian
Brian

"Life isn't about finding yourself ... life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"When we try to control that which is out of our control, we become an incredibly anxiety prone society." Dr. John Upledger
cstbrian
Registered Member

Postby catskillcrawler on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:09 am

yeah that's me, thanks, I checked yours out too, nice job !
catskillcrawler
Fresh Hands

Thanks...

Postby greenanemone on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:22 am

Thanks for the info everyone... Brian, I just purchased SBI through your link....

~stacy
greenanemone
Fresh Hands

Postby tcmassage on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:40 pm

what is site build it? can someone provide a link?
tcmassage
Fresh Hands

Postby cstbrian on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:58 am

tcmassage wrote:what is site build it? can someone provide a link?

Visit my website or my blog.

On my website there is a page, Build Your Website, that talks about why I think Site Build It! (SBI!) is amazing.

My blog also has some posts about why I think everyone in the local, service business should use SBI!

You can also check out these SBI! pages for Local Businesses and Service Sellers.

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask. (I am NOT a high pressure sales person. But I can tell you how SBI! has worked for me.)
Brian

cstbrian
Registered Member

Postby thebodyworker on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Yes and I can tell you I actually sold my site www.massagetherapycareers.com last year for a chunk of change enough so I wouldn't have to work this year if I didn't want to. The reason the buyer wanted it was just because of the traffic and monthly income it was making. They actually totally changed the whole content and took my name off of it and I actually started a whole new site - www.massage-career-guide.com back in late Sept and it is already getting about 100 people a day. My old site got about 500 people a day. So yes it really does work.

Julie
thebodyworker
Registered Member

Postby Amy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi Julie,

It looks like they converted your website to Wordpress.

Amy
Amy
Registered Member

Postby thebodyworker on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:22 pm

yes they did and they are really changing everything and they are making it into just another marketing site for that company promoting schools which I never bought into even though I could have made a ton of money like $100 for every lead. I just think it is hurting massage schools to make them pay so much.

They also have been writing some inaccurate info and posting irrelavant topics on the blog but it doesn't matter because my name is off of it completely and my new site is just a new and improved version of the old one before I sold it and is doing really well already.

Julie
thebodyworker
Registered Member

Re: want to hear from others about site build it

Postby JLWmassage on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:13 am

I just signed up for SBI. And I am combing through a tone a info on how to build an effective website. So pretty soon here I will have a SBI after I am done watching all the video's
JLWmassage

Postby JLWmassage on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:28 am

So here is the link to my new SBI site

http://www.massageforautoinjuryma.com

I am still working on adding content and I still need to figure out how to add my photos too :lol:

And I am going to have my older site http://www.deepreliefmassagetherapy.com redirected because site build it would transfer my old name.

And so far, I bought my new name on Saturday the day of the storm :irked: , in less than I week I have had 40 unique visitors to my new site yesterday

I am still learning the ropes playing with all the tools and reading all the extra info they supply
JLWmassage

Postby JLWmassage on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:09 pm

So I have had my SBI site for about 2 months now and I have submit for a review. And I has told my pages are too skinny. I was told I need at least 500 words per page to make and search engine impact :smt017

Do you think 500 words on a page would make the site look too wordy??
JLWmassage

Postby pueppi on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:54 pm

JLWmassage wrote:Do you think 500 words on a page would make the site look too wordy??

With everything you already have going on with that site, I am not sure you would benefit from 500 words on a page.

I don't want to sound negative, but it already seems to be difficult to wade through your information. It isn't very "clean" on presentation. I figure you have all of the "ads" to try and make money from the site.

If you want to have a more professional feel for your business, you may want to scale down to straight business information. If I didn't know you from BWOL - and that you are truly interested in helping people, I would skip over you immediately just because of the look of your SBI site. To me it comes across as very haphazard with the feel of a " gonna sell you sumthin' " plan of action. Not what I like to feel from an MT site.

Just a few thoughts. I think it all depends on how you want to present yourself.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby JLWmassage on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:07 pm

The ads are new. I figured with the traffic I am getting now why not try to make some money. I am finding people either love or hate the look and feel of an SBI site because they are built to make money from ads
JLWmassage

Postby EgoMagickian on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:54 pm

JLWmassage wrote:The ads are new. I figured with the traffic I am getting now why not try to make some money. I am finding people either love or hate the look and feel of an SBI site because they are built to make money from ads

Well I think you said it. The purpose of SBI sites is to make money with ads (by adding tons of content, including more words, so that people come and spend a lot of time on your site going through all the content). If that is your purpose for your website, then continue, and produce more content. If your purpose is to get clients, I would suggest a different strategy.
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby moogie on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:40 pm

I know this is a very individual thing but when I've gone to therapists' websites to look for a therapist for the purpose of getting a massage, I immediately leave any site that has ads on it. I'm sorry but it looks very unprofessional to me. I'm looking for a therapist, I don't want to be sold something other than a massage.

I also don't like sites that are too wordy. If I have to wade through too much content to find out what I want to know, I tend to get frustrated and just leave the site.

Just my opinion though...............
Angie
moogie
Site Admin

Postby katamay on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:39 pm

I know this is a very individual thing but when I've gone to therapists' websites to look for a therapist for the purpose of getting a massage, I immediately leave any site that has ads on it. I'm sorry but it looks very unprofessional to me. I'm looking for a therapist, I don't want to be sold something other than a massage

I'm the same way. If you've got ads because you're providing me with something free, that's fine. I'll trust you less, but that's not a problem because you don't need me, you've got advertising income. If you're selling me something, though, I've got to trust you. And that means you've got to be mostly, if not completely ad-free.

Kat
On my way ... LMT or Bust! http://lmtorbust.com
katamay
Registered Member

Postby JLWmassage on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:41 am

I guess I am torn between 2 worlds. The folks at SBI want me to have at least 300 words per-page with 500 being the goal. I need to find a happy medium.
JLWmassage

Postby pueppi on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:53 am

What happy medium are you looking for?

As the others said... if you want to sell link info, go with your 500. But, if you want to look like a professional business, then you'll probably need to pull all of the links off the page. I don't think you can have an in-between for this kind of thing.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby DeniseTaylor on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi JLWmassage

Congratulations on your new site! Sounds like your traffic is coming along quite nicely. Good job!

My name is Denise and I work for SiteSell, the organization behind Site Build It!. My job is to help people expand their ebusinesses and to help people on the Net to understand SBI! better.

I'd like to help you with a couple of things. I hope that's okay.

The purpose of SBI! is to create a highly-trafficked online *business.* (Not just a site.) What you learn from SBI! is based on the results of 1000s of sites, so the process works. It's important to set things up properly and get the basics right so nothing gets in the way of you building up your business. Doing that, your business will be more successful and stable in the long run.

In your case, I assume your ultimate goal is to get massage clients and to share the principles of massage online.

The advice you were given about skinny pages is correct. If a page does not contain enough content, it may be disregarded by search engines as unimportant. And well-rounded content is a Google quality factor, so do your best to create high-quality content that your visitors seek. The more abundantly you can do this, the better.

A couple of key points to keep in mind as you go -

Put your visitor first. The temptation to put money first is great when you really want/need to make money or get leads, but in the end this principle can make a huge difference. Think about how you feel. If you have ever been helped by someone who really went out of their way to make sure you were helped and got what you needed, without a thought of being compensated, how did that make you feel? Other than being grateful, it might have also impressed you and increased your trust factor in that person. So that's why your visitor should be #1 and making money is #2, because if it is done right, the money will come anyway and it will be much more plentiful.

Anything that acts as a deterrent to your visitors browsing your site or reduces your credibility in their eyes is not a good idea, so be careful with over using ads. It's best to place a few ads judicially than risk your reputation.

I just wanted to drop by with those helpful tips and wish you best for you and your business in the New Year!

Have a great day!
Denise Taylor
SiteSell Answers
DeniseTaylor
Fresh Hands

Next

Return to Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information