I love RingCentral.com!

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

I love RingCentral.com!

Postby AngelaJudy on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:23 am

It's a great virtual phone service!!!! The calls are forwarded to my cell phone. I love not giving out my cell phone number for business so I'm disturbed after hours or on Sundays. I have separate voicemails for business and after hours. I get notification on my cell phone when there is a voice mail. As soon as it hits closing time, those calls go straight to voicemail. I can call clients back with out my cell phone number appearing on their caller i.d. (I just have to do it through the computer). I can save clients information. Block unwanted callers, (like those who call 14 times in an hour without leaving a message or who block their number) They have so many options for small and large business, it is a little confusing setting up your preferences at first, definitely for the tech savvy, but once you have it up and running, it is so worth it. AND ITS AFFORDABLE!!! I am paying $15 a month for one line, but it is only $10 a month if you pay for the whole year at once. I love it!!!
Massage Charleston, SC - Providing affordable massage in Charleston, SC with a focus on relaxation, rehabilitation, pain relief, prevention, & performance.
AngelaJudy
Registered Member

Re: I love RingCentral.com!

Postby pueppi on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:56 am

Do they give you a new phone number or do you transfre a phone number you already have, to them? I'll take time to look at their website in a few days, but if you get time to answer, that'd be nice.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby AngelaJudy on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:25 pm

I don't believe so, but I am not positive.

Oh yeah, another great thing about it is if you have a larger business, you can have multiple extensions that can also be forwarded to each persons cell!
Massage Charleston, SC - Providing affordable massage in Charleston, SC with a focus on relaxation, rehabilitation, pain relief, prevention, & performance.
AngelaJudy
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:05 am

AngelaJudy wrote:I don't believe so, but I am not positive.

Oh yeah, another great thing about it is if you have a larger business, you can have multiple extensions that can also be forwarded to each persons cell!

You don't believe they give you a new phone number or you don't believe you transfer the number you already have?

What did they do for you? New number? Transfer? No number at all (which I wouldn't understand, but who knows)?

I haven't had time to research, so asking you since you're so big on it.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby AngelaJudy on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 pm

They gave me a list of available numbers to choose from, so I don't believe you can transfer a number you already have.
AngelaJudy
Registered Member

Postby hjoshua on Mon May 24, 2010 3:35 pm

I've used RingCentral for years and it's fantastic... Another service I recently discovered that's very inexpensive is Kall8.com. Definitely work taking a look... Toll-free numbers for $2/mo. and local numbers are cheap too.
hjoshua
Fresh Hands

Postby pueppi on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:34 am

I am looking into Ring Central / RingCentral, and just found these other two responses on other threads. I am adding them here so I have all of the information in one place. :)

AngelaJudy wrote:And yet another note, Pueppi, I just read your article about answering calls. I got to the part about using a cell phone that doubles as a personal line and thought I'd share this little nugget with everyone! I use http://ringcentral.com for my business line. I can forward calls to the cell phone of who ever is playing receptionist at the time(and no matter who's phone it is forwarded to, they still get the same voicemail message). It gives a prompt when you answer that says "Hello, you have a caller. To answer, press one". This way I always know if it's a business call! It also allows me have multiple voicemails, for business and after hours, and even temporary holiday messages, so I don't have to record over the regular one! It is a fantastic service! And to answer the question you asked back on 2009(http://www.bodyworkonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=16451&p=150153&hilit=ringcentral#p150153 ), they do allow you to use your already established number! I did not know this then. :D

AngelaJudy wrote:Again, I cannot express how much I love ringcentral.com they make call control very easy with multiple voicemails for business hours and after hours, the option to forward calls to different numbers is great, as I can have whichever therapist not working answer, and I have a stay at home mom with well behaved kids answer for us when we are both in session. And all three of us get notification through our cell phones whenever there is a voicemail left. You'd think I work for these guys with how much I speak of them, but I just love the service that much! :D
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:36 am

My office flooded about 4 weeks ago and I have been in limbo since (I think I'll be back in there by July 6th if all goes to plan this week). I purchased a pre-paid phone a few weeks ago and have had my business phone ringing to it (cost for a month of unlimited service w/ phone included, was about $55). That way I wouldn't have to use my private phone to return calls during the days I could not get to my main line in the office (while they were doing tape & float and paint). It's worked out quite well. But, then I remembered RingCentral today, and thought I'd do a little search on our forums (ta-daa!) :)

So, Ring Central has been around for a while now, and I am wondering if there is anyone else out there who can add their experience to this thread?

I am especially interested in pricing (I pay about $200/month for 2 office lines through AT&T). And, because RingCentral works through a computer, I'd also like to know how functional it is if you loose your computer line for some reason.

Another thing I am interested in is the credit card situation. Does anyone know the best way to take credit cards with their program? Right now I have to plug my CC machine into one line in order to enable folks to pay with a credit card (which also runs my ADT alarm system). Would I be plugging my CC machine into the computer line? If so, I assume I would still have to have one line for my computer through AT&T. So, I am not sure how much I would really be saving.

I plan to call them in the coming weeks to get more info when my life settles down. But, if someone has any input at all, I'd really appreciate it. :)
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information