Please critique my website

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

Please critique my website

Postby pear2apple on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:39 am

Please critique my website: http://christina-pertz-lmt.massagetherapy.com/home

I already got a good one, include the city/state where I am practicing on the homepage. So I will be adding that soon.

I have not started working yet, not until I perfect everything! I'll be going to people's houses and doing massage in their homes.

EDIT: I cannot get rid of the stupid double spacing! That seems to be an automated response to RETURN buttons or normal paragraphs. So unfortunately I cannot change that, even though it really bugs me.
Licensed Massage Therapist at Fringe by Carrie Salon Studio
www.facebook.com/fringebycarrie
www.fringebycarrie.com Toledo, OH 43614
http://www.etsy.com/people/PearsPalette
pear2apple
Registered Member

Re: Please critique my website

Postby akashafive on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 am

Hi pear!

So far, I really like the look of your site. I felt it was very informative and I loved how you mention your technique and that you don't offer DT. I really should have something like that on my front page. ;)

I know you're not finished yet, but the one thing I noticed right away is that I got no feeling from it that you're a mobile practitioner. The only place I found mention was your FAQ's.

Don't worry about it being too perfect at first. Just make sure you have all the facts and basics covered. I am a perfectionist and I am still finding things on my site that I want to change, or reword. At one point I was making changes to my site everyday, and finally had to force myself to start going for longer periods of time with out looking at it just so I didn't start obsessing again! :roll:

So keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll get some more helpful responses from others here!

-Lauren (a fellow twin :grin: )

edited for grammer
-Akasha
"Happiness is a journey, not a destination."
-Nancy Giles
akashafive
Registered Member

Postby JLWmassage on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:23 am

I would also mention where you are willing to travel with rates. And don'tforget to keep you content keyword rich.
JLWmassage

Postby pear2apple on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:27 am

I don't know anything about "content keyword"

I haven't decided where I'm going to go yet, and I don't know if I should post my rates. I might pick certain days of the week to go to certain cities nearby. That makes sense right?

And I made it before I totally decided to go mobile. I'll write that down as a To Do on my never-ending list....lol! Thanks
Licensed Massage Therapist at Fringe by Carrie Salon Studio
www.facebook.com/fringebycarrie
www.fringebycarrie.com Toledo, OH 43614
http://www.etsy.com/people/PearsPalette
pear2apple
Registered Member

Postby SchedulingWizard on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:01 am

I like the site, the design is nice! But I have two pointers that will make it even better.

1) The start page should give the clients what they are looking for like a summary of your services and your contact information and maybe a nice image of a massage. You can actually skip the "Welcome" text. I'm already on your page, ready to see what you can offer me. Here's my quick suggestion:

---
Are you looking to enjoy a wonderful Swedish/Relaxation Massage? Or do you want to rejuvinate your body with a Therapeutic Massage?
Give me a call at 419-874-1986 and I'll be happy to help you!
---

The magic is actually to write text that mostly contains the word You. This engages the client in a conversation. What I mean by that is this:

You will get a wonderful massage and you will feel great. (You are talking with your client)

COMPARE IT TO:
I give wonderful massages and I make people feel great. (You are talking about yourself)

2. Would you like to get a nice domain with your name? You can get christinapertz.com for just $10 per year at http://www.namecheap.com and get a nice web adress to be proud of. You can use the site you already have, just point the domain name to your massagetherapy.com site.

Let me know if you need help with anything. :D
Daniel - The Scheduling Wizard
Online Appointment Scheduling for massage therapists
SchedulingWizard
Registered Member

Return to Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information